Freeze / Crash - Mainly PVR Related?

• I'm having regular lockups/freezes, mainly when using PVR.

I'm running an AMD AM1 Kabini setup, with NextPVR on a server. I've read about AM1 VAAPI issues, so turned hardware decoding off for everything except VC1 and HVEC, but that's made no difference. I've set up an Advanced.xml as I've read up on buffer issues. This improved performance, but didn't solve the crashes.

Crashes occur on live TV and playback of recorded TV. Movie/TV Show video playback is fine through emby (native playback) on the same server.

I've attached the Kodi log zip.

Let me know if you need anything else. Any help appreciated.

• Code: 09_Journal-cur.log
    Feb 25 08:44:49 lounge kodi.sh[625]: ../src/gallium/auxiliary/util/u_handle_table.c:226:handle_table_get: Assertion `handle' failed.
    Feb 25 08:44:53 lounge kodi.sh[625]: Aborted (core dumped)

It's an assertion in Mesa. May or may not work when build without.

• Code: 09_Journal-cur.log
    Feb 25 08:44:49 lounge kodi.sh[625]: ../src/gallium/auxiliary/util/u_handle_table.c:226:handle_table_get: Assertion `handle' failed.
    Feb 25 08:44:53 lounge kodi.sh[625]: Aborted (core dumped)

It's an assertion in Mesa. May or may not work when build without.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what this means. ?(

Could you please explain why this happens and any suggestions of how to resolve it ^^

• Mesa is build with assert() enabled. This is usually only used for testing and debugging programs. After disabling the checks the code may work despite the found error condition (or there will be a real crash).

You can build a LibreELEC image with PR3131 applied to test it on your HW.

• I'm still not entirety sure how to resolve this as I still don't really understand what the issue is or why it's crashing, but reading your link this is likely to be an ongoing issue? I've done some searching, but I'm not sure how to build my own iso image. Im just using the generic OS from the libreelec download page.

I have a spare Nvidia gpu lying around, so I'll give that a go and see if that changes anything.

EDIT - Tried the nvidia GPU and still seems to crash :s Going to go try with GPU and VAAPI off and see if that makes any difference, then go back to IGP with VAAPI off if successful

Edited 2 times, last by jellybeard999 (February 27, 2019 at 7:47 PM).