Building a Pi Zero pocket project with LibreELEC

• I am building a pi zero pocket projector.

Build a Pi Zero W pocket projector! // Project - MickMake

I got the hardware and software working under Raspberry pi OS. So I know the hardware is working.

ForLibreELEC,

1. I was able to find the config.txt file, (/flash/config.txt)

2. Enable the i2c by adding dtparam=i2c_arm=on,spi=onto the /flash/config.txt file
    3. Find the autotstart file /storage/.config/autostart.sh (equivalent to rc.local)

But how do issue (or obtain) i2cset commands?

This will configure the DLP2000 to use the Raspberry Pi GPIO lines for the display instead of the default splash screen.

i2cset -y 3 0x1b 0x0c 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x13 i

i2cset -y 3 0x1b 0x0b 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 i 0x00 i

This will configure the DLP2000 (digitial projector ) to use the Raspberry Pi GPIO lines for the display instead of the default splash screen.

Thanks

• I changed the subject of this thread the initial specific technical question was resolved with the help of this forum.

Now to move on to general issues or questions. I have a PiZeroW and the pocket project up and running with LibreELEC.

The plan for this system is a "video/photograph" projector with a FIX function. It is a gift for a non-technical friend that is loaded with personal photos and videos.

Currently all they have to power up the device and then libreELEC screen saver function works perfectly and randomly puts up stored photos. In order to play any of the videos, it requires user input to go to that folder and select play on that folder. Moreover when it plays all the videos it will then stop and requires user input to restart.

What would be perfect for this application, would be for LibreELEC to boot up and without user input to play random store videos AND pictures forever. Right now I only have pictures working. There is a video screensaver addon, but it needs user intervention after it plays all the videos it finds. I need a screen saver that does both video and photos and never stops.

This request will make more sense when I explain the purpose of this system. What I'm making is a really a "night light" for the baby room that projects stored videos and photos onto the wall or ceiling. This thing is self-contained (no screen, keyboard, mouse) is powered by a USB battery so it can be placed and aimed just about anywhere.

The great thing about the pi, that I should be able to motion detection technology and control when it powers up based on night time and when someone enters the room.

Beside what else do you do with your digital pictures?

Don't we live in great technical times!!!