Installing LibreElec with a specific Kodi version?

• Hi all - i've spent the last three days learning all i can about Android, Kodi and LibreELECT so that i can make use of a cheap T95M (1GB 8GB) that i've had knocking about for a while. Actually i even had to do a bit of soldering (!) but i managed to get it 99% working.

I'm only really looking to stream video from a usb HDD to the TV via a 5.1 receiver, but despite trying many "solutions" i could not get the 5.1 sound to work smoothly.

Anyway i updated Kodi from 16.(?) to 17 but that caused continual freezing and didn't seem to support DTS pass through so after a few hours i thought perhaps LE might be the answer.

After countless attempts i finally got LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.012l-temp_sensor_disabled up and running from a micro SD. But although it's based on Kodi 16.1, when playing a video, if i press the navigation(?) key on the remote i get a panel sliding in from the left. That is different from the previous Kodi that opened an overlay at the bottom of the screen which not only allowed FF RW etc, but also allowed synchronising of audio, subtitles etc. This is for me perhaps the best feature of the earlier Kodi, but none of these extra functions appears on the sliding panel.

I then uninstalled Kodi 17 under the android OS and installed 16.1 and although it's not exactly the same as the original version i had before, it does have the navigation feature i want.

The weird and frustrating thing is, i now have Kodi 16.1 (Git:c327c53) running under LibreElec which operates differently in this crucial way from Kodi 16.1 (Git:2016-04-24- c327c53) under Android!

So does anyone know if there is a version of LibreELEC that incorporates the feature i want (and preferably copes with surround sound)?

Thanks.

• Thanks for the suggestion. I eventually found the 'enter' button performed the required function (brain was imploding). The great thing is that 5.1 audio seems to work perfectly in Kodi 16.1 under LibreELEC, so i'll stick for now at least until i find any more 'flaws' :)