Activating/configuring hardware watchdog on Libreelec

• I gather the Pi 3B+ has a built in hardware watchdog, to reboot it if the system hangs. The device seems to be present in Libreelec (see screenshot attached) and I gather the drivers are rolled into the kernel, but the config files seem to be missing. This would be a really handy function for my Libreelec home media system which tends to wedge occasionally when I'm away from home and can't reboot it manually. Can you advise if there's a way to activate/configure it, or if it might be made active in a future version of Libreelec?

• Yes, I'm aware of that, thankyou. But the post you've linked there is from over a year ago and, as you say, a previous version of LE, and says exactly what I've stated above ie:

1. There is something there that looks like watchdog

2. It doesn't seem to be set up and working

As I said, the config files that would normally be there for watchdog (setting heartbeat interval etc) are missing, and there's no way to interact with the "service" to probe it. I know it works fine on other Raspberry Pi OSs, hence why I'm asking if anyone knows of a way to make it work on LE or whether it is likely to be reactivated/given some attention in a future version.