can I Install image with automatically include backup?

• Hi,

I am deploying quite a lot LibreElecs on Raspis for the neighborhood.

Therefor I have created a "master config", made a backup and if somebody install this, everything is fine (ok, not everything, libreelec tends to set its own hostname, but my dhcp server is stronger and overwrites those duplicates).

The problem is that if you give them an SD Card with the image and the tar file, they have to do quite a lot steps (in the wrong language, with the wrong skin and so on) until they are able to restore the tar file from the /flash folder. And most of them do not speak english at all. So usually I have them hanging on the phone/chat soon after they've got the new SD Card and inserted it.

Is there a simple way to automate this?

Of course, I could find a way to create my own image which includes the settings / addons that I need, but I like to stick with the "stock image" and keep my stuff seperated. (but I also do want to stop those evil phonecalls "What do I have to click next ?"

I've tried to put the tar remotely into the "update" folder, but it is rejected ("no kernel found..."). Thats ok, but it was worth a try ^^

• We don't support auto-restore from backup on first boot (and have no plans to add it) but in LE 9.0 the first selection on the first-run wizard is a language chooser .. which might help.

not this does not really help. The whole following wizzard is too much for the old and lazy people here, no matter what language it is in.

But ok, I've already thought that there would be no easy way, then I will create one for myself somehow.

But you've set "on the first boot"... is there a way "on the 2nd boot" ? ? ?

I mean, I could give them the new box/card, let them boot up and close the wizard and then put a tar file somewhere over the net.

The question is "where" and how this tar needs to be constructed...

• It's technically possible to custom build images with deployment scripts and such embedded, but from past experience a low-tech solution is usually better and I'd go make some screenshots that step-by-step show how to switch the first-run wizard to local language and restore the tar file that's on the SD card. Print the guide out and give copies with the SD card. It's probably more effective for the recipient and less time consuming for you to make than learning how to make a custom image.