Kodi 18 XBox one media control context menu not working

• Just did a fresh install of Kodi 18 and then used Backup to restore my settings.

However, the Xbox One Media controller (not joystick) tries to open a PVR device.

I am running an Intel Nuc and all worked fine before the upgrade.

Does any one have a suggestion how to fix as this seems to be the only button not working.

thanks

tried a few things and still not managed to get the context menu to work with the Xbox One Media Remote.

If i press , it tries to start a PVR that i dont have. All other buttons work fine.

Had to go back to version 8.2.5 and it works again.

Does anyone know where the keymap file in ver 8.2.5 is , i can try to manually copy just in case it has had some changes.

If not then i have to stay on ver 8.2.5 till i can use context menu.

Edited once, last by k_zeon (February 6, 2019 at 10:06 PM).

• Hi,

I had the exact same problem as yourself except I am running Kodi on an Odroid C2 unit with a Harmony remote.

I fiddled around with the keymap add-on (that's configurable depending on you platform) as well as logging keys etc. See Keymap - Official Kodi Wiki for details but in the end, I found that the Kodi 18 upgrade must have moved the remote.xml in my .kodi/userdata/keymaps to a backup version (remote.xml.bak.0) effectively removing the customization placed there in there from my orignal setup.

So, all I did was simply copy the file back to remote.xml and my context menu button was restored on my Harmony remote.

cheers!

• So, all I did was simply copy the file back to remote.xml and my context menu button was restored on my Harmony remote.

if i am correct, you had made special customization to your remote.xml.

Could you please post them?

I have the exact same problem with the context button on my harmony one (odroid n2 internal IR Receiver).

Also my info button does not work as expected