LE 9: unsupported protocol SFTP

• Hi!,

This morning I upgraded the LibreELEC system installed in my Raspberry PI 3 to the new version 9. The upgrade process finished with no errors.

However, once upgraded, my library is not accessible.

The library is stored by a remote computer that I access via SSH (The LibreELEC user's public keys are authorized in the remote computer). So fat, this worked well.

If I try to add a new media source with the details of the remote computer (using SFTP, same protocol used so far) it complains about "remote server could not be reached". If I check the logs, I find a message like this:

WARNING: Create - unsupported protocol(sftp) in sftp://USERNAME@<ip_to_remote_computer>:22//<route_to_file>

I've checked that I can reach my LibreELEC via SSH, and that I can reach the remote computer that stores the media via SSH from LibreELEC.

Any tip in how can I fix it?

Thanks!

• Yeah, that was it. Once I installed the SFTP add-on and rebooted the system the library was detected again.

I understand that if the SFTP support is provided by an add-on now, it is not install by default, but I do not remember to have seen the official announcement mentioning anything about this (I remember the mention about the SSH password change). But I may be wrong and it is already mentioned. In any case, this new release incorporates a lot changes and it is almost impossible to address on the documentation any possible issue.

Thanks for such a great support!