Lirc not working on rpi3 after upgrade to 9.0

• I just upgraded my raspberry pi, with a working lirc configuration, to 9.0. however the remote is no longer working. Reading the wiki, I understand that all that's needed is to have lircd.conf in the config folder. And it's there. I can see it when I look at the smb share on the pi.

Did I misunderstand the wiki? Is there more to do?

Thanks

• Also make sure you have `dtoverlay=gpio-ir` in your config.txt - the old lirc-rpi dtoverlay will no longer work - and that you disabled in-kernel decoding by creating an empty .config/rc_maps.cfg file if you want to use lirc (see the wiki page Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] for details).

If that doesn't work please use the log file upload function in LibreELEC settings and post the URL.

In general it's recommended to re-do your IR remote config and switch to the new ir-keytable configuration scheme, it's easier and most of the time performs better than using lirc.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks, that did it. I had looked at the wiki but I missed the the rpi specific changes were part of the same section. I did not need to create an empty rc_maps.conf though.

I know I should redo the config to the new method, but I created a fully custom mapping for my Logitech Harmony. I'm too lazy to update it. But I suspect I won't be able to avoid it in the long run. It sounds like eventually the new ir-keytable conf will be the only way.