UPnP / DLNA Problem

• Older Kodi versions up to and including 16.1 worked perfectly for me when accessing my Verizon Media Server from my Intel NUC to play live TV channels over my wired network. The channels are encrypted (.dtcp-ip). Kodi did a fine job of streaming my subscribed channels to my Intel NUC running Kodi 16.1 and older versions.

All newer versions of Kodi either fail to detect my UPnP/DLNA server or fail to play the streams. With the latest LE 9 (Kodi 18), my server is detected and the channel groups are displayed, but not the individual channel list with tags.

I first posted about this issue a little over 2 years ago on the Kodi forum and got zero help. They suggested filing a bug report which I did in March 2018. I supplied logs and actual videos showing the problem but they are so overloaded with new Bugs that I'm not sure anyone will ever see the Bug Report I posted there.

Maybe a developer here could spot the issue by examining my logs. I know they could time out again since I had to upload them twice. Let's hope they're still working. Here are links to my Kodi Forum Post and Bug Report:

UPnP Remote Media Source no longer works in v17.0

#17797 (UPnP/DLNA worked for me up to Kodi 16.1 but not after) – Kodi - TRAC (contains logs & video links)

Note: The logs were produced from a Windows 10 desktop computer, not my Intel NUC's