LibreElec 9 crashing on startup

• Hi,

I just upgraded two of my RPi 3 installs to 9.0.0. They share a library. Upgrade went fine on both, but when I changed the screen resolution to 1920x1080i on one of my systems and then rebooted, it displays a black screen with some flashes and then reboots into safe mode. I can't control LibreElec, because Yatse cannot connect to the system in safe mode. I do have SSH access.

Crash log is attached.

Can anyone help out here? :)

Edit: solution here.

• Please remove the banned repository Illuminati and related add-ons before requesting support.

As our per forum rules, we do not offer support to setups with video piracy related installations.

• Please remove the banned repository Illuminati and related add-ons before requesting support.

As our per forum rules, we do not offer support to setups with video piracy related installations.

No problem it was leftover stuff from some test.

Is there a way to delete the add-ons and repositories through SSH? Because I cannot control LibreElec itself due to Yatse not working (and my remote is not supported).

• Ok, so I was able to put this Kodi in my other Pi and I was able to browse Kodi in safe mode. I uninstalled the add-ons and it should be clean now.

Attached the new log :)

Edit: I compared the kodi.log's of both my installs, and at the point in the log where one crashes, the other starts loading the database:

Like I stated in the topic start, they share a database. Could that be related?

• i also just upgraded to le9 with shared library

found out that it crashes when wakeonlan.xml is used to start my data server on access.

maybe you have a similar issue...

• i also just upgraded to le9 with shared library

found out that it crashes when wakeonlan.xml is used to start my data server on access.

maybe you have a similar issue...

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't use wake on lan, and therefore my installation has no such file. So this is not the problem :(

Edit: fixed it myself! The problem was that the language add-on for en_us somehow got corrupted. And since that language was enabled, Kodi failed to start. Pretty obvious since the crash happens at:

Code
    unable to load resource://resource.language.en_us/langinfo.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

Here's what I did.

Once LibreElec rebooted into safemode, I connected with SSH into LibreElec.

Open /storage/.kodi.FAILED/userdata/guisettings.xml

Find this line:

Code
    <setting id="locale.language">resource.language.en_us</setting>

Set it to any other language you can understand (I used nl_nl). If you're looking for valid ones, review your crash log. It lists all the languages available.

Save the file and reboot LibreElec. It should now start OK.

Once it booted OK I saw that the en_us language was disabled. I wanted to reinstall it, but it said it had an update available. I installed the update, it activated the language and I enabled it for the GUI in the settings. Then I rebooted again to test and now everything is working well again.

Thanks a million to the great support of the LibreElec community! Without you I could not have solved this problem.

Hope this solution helps anyone that experiences the same.

Edited once, last by Tommiiee (February 6, 2019 at 8:53 PM).