RPi3B+ wifi and wait for network

• I have a RPi3B+ that I'd like to use wifi on, but I also need to use the "wait for network" feature of libreelec (because of shared mysql in advancedsettings); however, it seems that wifi doesn't work with the "wait for network" feature. When I attempt to only connect via wifi, the "wait for network" delay is always reached, no matter how high I set the delay. When the connection is viewed in the libre connections settings, the wifi connection shows as "failed". If I click connect at this point, it connects fine. If I connect via ethernet, the "wait for network" works without issue. My wifi/network is in fine working order as far as I see (DHCP/DNS/etc). Does this "wait for network" feature just not work for the RiP3 wifi and I'm boned? Or is there something else I can look at?

• I have a feeling this is related to the internal wifi (If you're using a USB wifi adapter - then forget that bit)

Please provide the output of:

dmesg | paste

and

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link