LibreELEC 8.2 and S905W x96 mini "installtointernal"command problem.

• Hello, I recently bought an x96 mini 1g RAM / 8gb ROM that does not allow me to launch the command "installtointernal" from ssh. I have installed more x96 mini identical, but this seems that it does not allow to do it as always. I have tried other devices_trees: gxl_p212_1g_nand.dtb and gxl_p212_1g_slowemmc.dtb from USB and from SD, but still do not let me install. I read in another thread that the problem is that it does not recognize the nand, but I have not found any solution, could someone help me?

My sincere thanks to the people who have created Libreelec and the entire forum for their contributions. Greetings.

• installtointernal has been disabled in Libreelec for about a year at this stage. Unless you have a special build with it added then it will never work.

Shoog

• installtointernal has been disabled in Libreelec for about a year at this stage. Unless you have a special build with it added then it will never work.

Shoog

Hello Shoog thanks for answering. I am using the LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1.img version and so far I have been able to use the "installtointernal" command on all similar devices (x96 mini 1gb RAM/8gb ROM). But this in particular, must be a new manufacture and does not allow me to do it.

• I think the risk of things going wrong would put me off. A fast SD might be the best solution.

Have you tried issuing installtointernal once, reboot and then installtointernal again. Sometimes necessary.

Shoog

Edited once, last by Shoog (January 25, 2019 at 11:24 PM).

• I've been doing tests with CoreELEC and with this version and this device_tree has allowed me to do "installtointernal".

CoreELEC-S905.arm-8.95.7-S905.img.gz

gxl_p281_1g_a95xr2.dtb

I know it's not the CoreElec forum, I'm sorry. But maybe I can help someone. I tried to put that device tree to libreelec and it did not work. If someone can tell me something, I'll thank him.

• Ok guys, I've finally come up with the exact combination. Libreelec 8.2.3.1 and the device tree gxl_p281_1g.dtb

If you do not find it in this forum, you mount a usb with CoreElec and inside the usb there is a directory with all devices trees. You take it and you put it to your usb with libreelect as always (dtb.img)

:thumbup: