XMLTV file - 8.95.003 can't open

• I'm trying to setup the XMLTV part of TVH server with the latest beta. I selected a NFS location where my main NAS has both a NFS and CIFS file that has the daily updated XMLTV data. I can walk the Koki setup down the tree along the nfs path to find the file and select it, but when the TVH server runs the epg internal grabber updates I get an error:

Code
    2019-01-22 09:35:36.000 xmltv: /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file: grab /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file
    2019-01-22 09:35:36.007 spawn: Executing "/storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin/tv_grab_file"
    2019-01-22 09:35:36.097 spawn: cat: can't open 'nfs://192.168.0.250/mnt/md1/samba/public/media/zap2xml-data/xmltv.xml': No such file or directory

I'm guess some permission error, but don't know what. this file is accessible from many other systems in the house.

Also I can't seem to make Kodi forget the NFS tree. I thought about running the Windows cifs path, but can't make it forget where it is. I also thought about coping the xmltv.xml file to the downloads directory and changing to local file system, but XMLTV setup is stuck on the nfs tree.

If I can't fix nfs how do I clear the file tree and start over??

• I deleted the TVH server and client and reinstalled. This time I tried SMB. I created the connection by adding a network location with the server's password and username. At that point just like NFS, I could traverse the tree to the file I wanted to use for the XMLTV.xml data and I selected it. In the logs I get an error that it can't open the file.

I cut and pasted the filename path it could not open and dropped it into a similar connection setup on my Mac and it connected successfully to the server and could read the file. This has to be some sort of permission or smb protocol issue.

I could use the same network location to setup TV Shows via a file browse to let Kodi show some saved mp4 videos shows I've saved on the server. This makes no sense to me.

Any guess what it could be???

• Okay, here's the answer for those with similar problems. First I'll say I'm still confused how I can traverse the directory tree and see the file, but still get can't open it.

Somewhere in the archives of issues was a discussion about how to setup a NFS mount on LibreELEC. So if you go to /storage/.config/system.d there is a sample file with instructions on how to mount a NFS share. So once I setup that mount, I could see my files from the command line or the Kodi application. Then I could setup the XMLTV file as part of the Home folder.

It just doesn't make sense that I can walk the share tree and not have the NFS share mounted. I know I have not had to do this in any version fo LibreELEC when setting up TV Shows or Music on NFS Shares.

• Do you have your nfs share mounted or not? If not make proper systemd mount script and mount it undr /media/nfs.

yes I followed the sample in .config/system.d and created a mount script. That worked just fine. It's just that I don't understand how without that mount script I could still traverse the directory tree on the NFS share and view the files in File Manager but the XMLTV script could not read them.