DVB-S Support Post Upgrade

• Hi all,

I've jumped the gun and upgraded from a stable LibreELEC Krypton build to the latest Leia and have run into issues with my DVB-S tuner.

It's one of the Geniatech HDStar v3 DVB-S2 USB tuners and I'm running a RPi3.

Previously, this tuner showed in TVheadend as:

Montage Technology M88DS3103

Now, it still appears as a device but shows:

Montage Technology DS3000

To my mind this seems to mean the tuner isn't being recognised properly and doesn't tune channels any more. Have done a bit of research and it may have something to do with there being a V2 and V3 model of this tuner and little means of differentiating between them.

Looking around other forums I've got a copy of some firmware called "dvb-fe-ds3103.fw" and put this in the config/firmware folder but it didn't help - so if anybody has other ideas I'll be interested!

I have an image of the SD card pre-upgrade if the only option is to go back but going forwards is always better - have got a few addons that won't work without InputStream Adaptive on Leia. :)

Edited once, last by Korjo (January 22, 2019 at 7:05 AM).

• It would also be helpful if you posted a debug log of TVH itself, that way people would be able to see why services were not turning up.

Have you tried a w_scan?

What version of TVH are you using?

Have you tried the alternative drivers under libreelec program addons?

• Hello peeps,

More tinkering and I've managed to get this going - was just a case of enabling the CrazyCat drivers and running with those.

Tvheadend now reports:

Montage Technology DS3000/TS2020

Which is still not the same thing but is working to tune channels now!

I'll leave this up in case it helps anybody, or admins can close.

• It would also be helpful if you posted a debug log of TVH itself, that way people would be able to see why services were not turning up.

Have you tried a w_scan?

What version of TVH are you using?

Have you tried the alternative drivers under libreelec program addons?

Thanks, yep turns out after some more playing the alternative drivers got it going. :)