H96 Max Plus (Rockchip 3328)

• easyb could you give us a hint on how to get the wifi working? I've been tinkering with a H96 Max Plus RK3328 4/64 for a few weeks now, and wifi is still my biggest problem.

Download brcmfmac4334-sdio.bin and brcmfmac4334-sdio.rockchip,rk3318-box.txt, rename .txt file to brcmfmac4334-sdio.haochuangyi,h96-max-plus.txt and put them to STORAGE/.config/firmware/brcm/.

But still there's no hardware acceleration, for me it renders the box unusable. Maybe there's a way to make it work?

• Hi ,how to chang gpu memory for rk3328(my box H96 max +),deault is 100M,for 4g ram,it's small

All the GPU does in normal use is render the Kodi GUI which is not a demanding task. If it needs more it will self-allocate more. Forcing it to use some arbitrary larger value achieves nothing.

• Hi. Is there any reasonably up to date unofficial community version of LE to run on H96Max TV Box on RK3328? I have Armbian on the internal memory. I searched the forum but the links are usually inactive, or it's the 2019 versions. I installed one such but it does not run correct.

• With the latest release, LibreELEC 11, hardware acceleration seems to work now! 🎉

How did you make it run? I tried just burning it on SD and USB drive, the box did not boot at all (no HDMI signal). Then I tried putting rk3328-h96-max-plus.dtb and adjusting extlinux config to use that file, this failed in the same way.

This image: LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0.3-a1.img

• With the latest release, LibreELEC 11, hardware acceleration seems to work now! 🎉

Hello

I am also really interested.

What image exactly ? there is no more generic box for RK3328, as there was.

And what dtb ?

many thanks

• Just checked back into the forums to see if there is any update. I to have the H96Max+ and would love to have it running Kodi. I burned the a1 image to a USB and an SD. The USB image boots to the resize partitions, etc. but then reboots to the LibreELEC logo only.

The SD card results in an error.

Many thanks to whomever can supply instructions to getting this running.

• Well, I did some testing. From what I can see, when the SD card and the USB stick are both inserted, the device boots off the SD card and does the entire resize partitions and such, and then reboots and hangs. If I unplug the USB and reboot, it fails to find the USB drive which leads me to believe that it is trying to install LibreELEC to the USB stick, not to the internal drive, OR the SD card itself. I have tried just booting off the SD card with a new flash and it fails to do anything. It just stays at a black screen, although the TV reports that there is a signal received. It stays that way for a couple minutes and then reboots to the same black screen. If I put the image on the USB and boot the device, it boots into the H96MAX+ Android as if there is nothing there.

• After letting it run for a while, black screen and rebooting, it finally crashed on the same error that happens when the USB it removed:

*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount UUID:1507-0331 ***

### Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash... type exit to quit ###

• Alright, I've figured out some things. I didn't notice the original response that included the line asking about which dtb I was using. I went back and found the dtb shared in post #24 and put that in the directory after I flashed the image to the SD Card. Then I renamed it to rk3328-a1.dtb. This replaced the original a1 dtb file. The image boots! And it seems to work. Now I am trying to get wireless working. I copied the two files in post #37 into the directory indicated (I had to make the firmware directory and the subdirectory) and tried booting the device with those included. It did not make the wireless appear.

So, for those wondering about getting the current release working, Here are the instructions I have found so far:

1. Download LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0.3-a1.img.gz

2. Extract LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-11.0.3-a1.img

3. Burn that image to a microSD card.

4. Download rk3328-h96-max-plus.dtb.zip from post #24

5. Extract rk3328-h96-max-plus.dtb

6. Rename rk3328-h96-max-plus.dtb to rk3328-a1.dtb

7. Copy rk3328-a1.dtb into the root of the LibreELEC partition on the microSD card.

8. Place the microSD card in the H96Max+ and boot the device. Wait a while until kodi boots.

As soon as I figure out wifi, I'll add the instructions.

• A detail, but, instead of renaming the DTB file, the idea would be to edit `extlinux.conf

Concerning the Wi-Fi, the first thing I would do is SSH onto the box and check the output of the dmesg command.