Boot error, hangs. " Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash...type exit to quit ### "

• Upon imaging in Win7 via Etcher or Win32DiskImager, and inserting this USB stick into TV Box, I keep getting above error on top of blank screen. No boot.

I have tried with several LibreElec /CoreElec Leia beta/RCs on my X96mini S905W box, that already has a CoreElec 8.95.6 internally installed (and booting/working fine.)

I have been online to see many similar error reports but for RPi@ openelec. So what is a solution?

First time sometimes, the same USB stick/SD card works normally. Have 16GB SanDisk Cruizer and 8/16 SanDisk/ Samsung SD cards I use with a USB adapter.

But seems after a couple of boot attempts, above error happens no matter how many reformats under Windows diskpart or Ubuntu gparted etc. Or starting with fresh installs from Etcher/ Win32DiskImager.

Under Windows I am unable to see the boot partition on USB stick after the boot attempts, but Ubuntu gparted /fdisk shows both fat32 boot and ext4 storage partitions without any error reports.

Edited once, last by shippy (January 6, 2019 at 7:52 AM).