Upgrade from LibreELEC community build to official builds

• Hi all,

I have been running around 2 years LibreELEC (community): 8.2.3.1-C2 (Kernel: Linux 3.14.29) build made by kszaq which is by the way excellent.

I have specific settings and a lot of customization made in Kodi, add-ons, boot.ini, advancedsettings.xml, key mappings, etc...

Today I tried to do an upgrade to official build LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA

Steps performed:

1. LibreELEC backup done in "old" kszaq's build

2. Installed LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA

3. Restored LibreELEC backup

Everything went good and my Odroid-C2 booted, add-ons updated themselves, startup screen showing Kodi Leia, etc...

Only one thing is "wrong" - In System Information I see that I have Kernel Linux downgraded from 4.19.12 to 3.14.29

Is there a way to upgrade just only Linux Kerne? Or there is no way and I need to install LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA again, restore only Kodi backup and do remaining customization manually?

Sorry for noob question but would like to have that one missing part sorted out with your support of course guys...

EDIT: I run LibreELEC downgrade to v8.95.1 directly from LibreELEC menu selecting LibreELEC-9.0 Update Channel hoping it will replace kernel to 4.19.12... at booting process I saw KERNEL and SYSTEM were extracted and installed... but when Kodi started I still see Linux Kernel 3.14.29. So I decided to install LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA from scratch and... surprise: in fresh installation there is LibreELEC (official): 8.95.002.9.0 (Kernel: Linux 3.14.29) So maybe all official LibreELEC (Leia) BETA builds are running with Linux Kernel 3.14.29 although LibreELEC web page says in one of the updates bullets: * Updated to Linux Kernel 4.19.12 ???

• Running LibreELEC (Leia) v8.95.2 BETA and first discovery is that the CPU temperature is EXTREMELY high. While on LibreELEC (community): 8.2.3.1-C2 (Kernel: Linux 3.14.29) build made by kszaq I had around 48-52 ºC now it is 68-73 ºC in idle mode (screensaver active)

• Hi

I also want to update from old kszaq build v 7.0.3.012j to official one Libreelec v8.95.3. on my Wetek Hub

Can I perform this as I put official LibreELEC image in .Update folder? I would like to do it this way because the old Libreelec is installed to internal and just want to update it with the official one and run from internal again. If I prepare the official image to mSD card, then "installtointernal" script is missing, and I'm not able to install on internal. That's why I think that the only way is to update the old libreelec internal version with the new one without perform installtointernal command.

Am I correct :)

• Upgrade is not working!!!!!!

But you can still keep your data.

Create a backup with the LE settings backup tool.

Copy the backup to your pc.

Fresh install (i need to write an how to about install to internal).

Copy your backup tothe box and restore from it - > you have updated.