Boot issue M72...the second, but forum says 120 old threat, please open new ticket

• Hello...

I am new to the Forum and i am coming from an always updated Kodibuntu system, that i was looking to replace...

Since version 9 finally does CHROME, i was able to retire my Kodibuntu...

But i had the same issues with the M72 as discussed here...

Luckily the manual fix from here:Lenovo M72e (tiny) - Error 1962: No operating system found

Works for me...but only until a new device gets plugged in...

So my question here is...

Does libreelec installer does anything different than other OS by making itself available to the EFI boot manager?

Cause i never had any similar issue that the board couldn't see an os that got installed...

Is the efi logic looking for something different than the path that works in the temp fix: efibootmgr -c -L "LibreELEC" -l "\EFI\BOOT\bootx64.efi" ?

Is there any chance that this gets bypassed in any future release?

Would love to stay with Libreelec, but getting a stick out in live mode to do the efibootmgr hack is pretty suboptimal...

I am happy to assist, test or what ever is needed...

Can just imagine, that it is only something small...cause it can only be around the efi detects bootable partition/path logic...

Thx in advance

P.S. My machine:

Lenovo M72e

Newest Bios

8 Gig Ram

Vertex2 SSD

LibreElec installed from Stick created with Windows stick maker

Issue happens on initial version and Update to latest beta

• I removed the 'Latest Beta' line from your signature, as it is basically worthless info. 'Latest' isn't a version number, and it can change at any time. And also most people are simply forgetful about updating their forum signature.

Just state the correct version/build number, so people won't have to guess what it is. :)