LibreElec 9.0 and Lirc drivers (irman)

• Hi,

I use an Atric IR-WakeupUSB remote receiver in my system. This worked fine with all versions up to the latest alpha of LE 9.0.

I needed to configure Lirc with driver irman. I was not able to get it working with kernel drivers. Only with lirc.

However, with LE 9.0 beta build it stopped working. This is because lirc does not have the irman driver. I found the libirman on the system. But lirc does not know this driver.

So what can I do about this?

Regards

• This is odd, lirc hasn't changed for quite a long time now.

Can you post your lirc_options.conf file and journalctl output both on the last working (alpha) build and the non-working build?

Code
    journalctl -a | paste

so long,

Hias

• I also discovered a non-working Atric IR-WakeupUSB after some update and/or change of configuration around half a year ago and finally took the time yesterday (after having used a wireless keyboard in the last months) to have a closer look.

For your information: I use a dual-boot setup with LibreElec and Windows 10, using the latter one also for configuring the IR-Wakeup. Therefore, the IR-WakeupUSB basically works in Windows. Furthermore, since it is a dual-boot setup, I currently don´t have a "clean" LibreElec 9.0 installation but an upgrade setup from older LibreElec/OpenElec versions and want to avoid a full reinstallation if possible.

Using journalctl, I think I get a clear messages what´s going wrong (see also http://ix.io/1nzf) :

Any hints on how to fix this?

Edited once, last by JK1974 (July 3, 2019 at 1:08 PM).