CEC Remote Questions

• I have an 8th gen Intel NUC with onboard CEC, and TV that also supports CEC. I use this remote below, it is connected to my PC with a USB dongle.

Am I able to utilize CEC with this remote (for example, turn on the TV and Kodi with a power button)? Or can I only use the TV remote for CEC functions?

The reason I want to use the remote in the image below, is it has a keyboard and mouse pad..

If this remote will not work, are there aftermarket CEC functioning remotes that include a keyboard and mouse pad form factor (I couldn't find any)? Or is there a 'universal' remote that can turn on my PC, and TV without CEC?

Or will I be limited to just using the 'arrow' buttons and such on the standard TV remote to toggle through Kodi via CEC?

2qv5yj5.jpg

Link to remote for idea: 423470503.html

Edited 3 times, last by mrc00l88 (December 30, 2018 at 12:48 PM).

• CEC runs over the HDMI connection and allows you to use the TV remote to control other devices directly attached to the TV e.g. DVD player, HTPC with LE. You can buy TV's that support CEC, but not remotes; it's not a remote (device) protocol.

• CEC runs over the HDMI connection and allows you to use the TV remote to control other devices directly attached to the TV e.g. DVD player, HTPC with LE. You can buy TV's that support CEC, but not remotes; it's not a remote (device) protocol.

Thank you for that. So I guess I need to look for an IR remote then, that would include a keyboard/mouse variation.

If only my speaker setup could be controlled via IR..