[Implemented] Netdata for the Raspberry Pi

• Hello all, I was wondering how hard it would be to install Netdata for the Raspberry Pi. Netdata can monitor lots of systems from a web browser witch i think would be useful for trouble shooting issues. I have tried some of the ways listed on the gethub page with no luck. I'm new to Linux but trying to learn, any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

GitHub - netdata/netdata: Real-time performance monitoring, done right! https://my-netdata.io/

The only way we can fix things is by asking questions, testing the answers, and asking more questions. there is never a bad question. Just because you know the answer makes you the problem for not teaching others. Respect the ones willing to learn, test, and ask.

• As LE is a read only system the supplied install script will not work. However, they have an up to date docker image, so lets just use that.

1) Install docker

KODI: Addons → LibreELEC add-ons → Add-on repository → LinuxServer.io

KODI: Addons → LinuxServer.ios Docker add-on → Services → Docker

reboot

2) ssh into you machine: SSH

3) Get the netdata docker container

## Raspberry Pi3 for other versions see Here

Code
    1. docker pull netdata/netdata:latest-armhf

4) Once that has download, run the container with

Code
    1. docker run -d --name=netdata \
    2. -p 19999:19999 \
    3. -v /proc:/storage/proc:ro \
    4. -v /sys:/storage/sys:ro \
    5. -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro \
    6. --cap-add SYS_PTRACE \
    7. --security-opt apparmor=unconfined \
    8. netdata/netdata:latest-armhf

5) And then view the data via a browser at:

http:/<hostname>:19999

• Iridium,

Thank you, im going to try this out, didnt know about Docker on LE.

The only way we can fix things is by asking questions, testing the answers, and asking more questions. there is never a bad question. Just because you know the answer makes you the problem for not teaching others. Respect the ones willing to learn, test, and ask.

• Iridium,

Thank you so much. worked like a charm. the only problem i had with is is this

Code
    1. docker pullnetdata/netdata:latest-armhf

just missed the space, 5 seconds in the man page for docker and i found the issue. thanks again for your help. if anyone else is wanting to do this below is the edited line.

Code
    1. docker pull netdata/netdata:latest-armhf