Audio capabilities

• Hello,

following problem. If I start my System without my AVR, I can see in the settings/System/audio/passthrough, that DTS ist supported, but not DTS HD. It's ok because my TV doesn't support it. If I switch on my AVR, this is not changing, but my AVR is supporting DTS HD. If I restart know my HTPC, I can see, that DTS HD under passthrough is supported.

In case of starting up my AVR after the HTPC, I have to restart or I don't have DTS HD.

Is there any chance, that I have the DTS HD support information from AVR without having it switched on?

Thanks

Markus

• Kodi evaluates audio properties at startup only, so if things change after boot they will not be detected. It's not ideal, but it's how the current code is designed so it's not a bug. Hopefully it will change in the future - it's something we're aware of.

• Can you tell me can you play dolby Atmos on your AVR? I can't get it work in any possible setting of audio passthrough. My libreelec is fresh instal on ASRock J4205 and still wena i play Atmos audio file - no audio or noise.

• Kodi evaluates audio properties at startup only, so if things change after boot they will not be detected. It's not ideal, but it's how the current code is designed so it's not a bug. Hopefully it will change in the future - it's something we're aware of.

I was looking for this!

Yes/No .. depends on the hardware you have and if/whether the EDID data can be dumped to file and reused.

I've got a Minix Neo x8h-plus for a while now, and today I chose to install LibeELEC (instead of android 5.1.1) and an Onkyo TX-NR646.

The current operation system is Kodi 18.0-RC@. arm.9.0 devel

Could you help me enabling the HDMI audio output device option?

Best regards

Jack