[SOLVED] Network Connections Priority

• Device - Odroid C2

LE version 8.02

I have 2 networks [wired and wireless]

The wired is connected to a router which connects to a WD my cloud storage

The wireless picks up a second router [4G] which I use to go online.

My problem arises when I'm using the wireless connection then I cannot play anything from the NAS until I disconnect the wireless and the connect the wired network. Then if I need to go online again I have to go through these steps again in reverse.

On my windows 7 machine I overcame this problem by changing the network card priority so that the wireless connection remains active when a wired connection is made....I had to change the value of the 'interface metrics' on each network adapter - Lower metric = higher priority...

Can someone please help me achieve the same thing in LibreElec?

Thanks

• Code
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf
    nano /storage/.config/connman_main.conf

^ edit the order of PreferredTechnologies so wifi is before ethernet and then save and reboot to effect the change. When wireless is connected it will become the internet routed connection.

• Code
    cp /etc/connman/main.conf /storage/.config/connman_main.conf
    nano /storage/.config/connman_main.conf

^ edit the order of PreferredTechnologies so wifi is before ethernet and then save and reboot to effect the change. When wireless is connected it will become the internet routed connection.

Perfect - that worked great. I tested it after the reboot and everything is routing how I wanted it to. Thanks :)

Have a great week ahead. Much appreciated.