Color problem with 4K hvec on ROC-RK3328-CC

• Hello everyone,

I have a weird problem with 4k hvec files, everything is fine with 1080p h264 files but when I play 4 hvec videos after a while colors constantly get higher and lower.

I don't know how to explain it properly, the video plays fine but after a while it gets jumpy like as if someone is playing with settings, colors are fine then they are too much then again fine then too much... it keeps jump too high and OK.

I have set the setting color to limited and it got a little better but then again it's not completely fixed.

I'm using hardware decoding, Prime, Direct to plane.

Also Prime EGL has no picture (its fine with 1080p h264 files), any fix for this?

and another thing would be using a rtc module with this board, i got DS3231 but dunno how to use it.

Thank you very much for reading this thread .

• It's not the answer you're looking for, but our current RK codebase "is what it is" until the current rebase against a mainline kernel and changes to reimplement how RK uses ffmpeg (moving to a proper stateless V4L2 stack) has completed. And before you ask, there is no timeline or schedule for either of those :)

• It's not the answer you're looking for, but our current RK codebase "is what it is" until the current rebase against a mainline kernel and changes to reimplement how RK uses ffmpeg (moving to a proper stateless V4L2 stack) has completed. And before you ask, there is no timeline or schedule for either of those :)

Thank you for answering,

Since my Nano Pi K2 didn't work, I bought this board hoping it will work well but it really doesn't. (Everything is fine except 4K HEVC)

Maybe I try to buy another board, any suggestion would be nice.

Also I got the RTC Working.

I have a Firefly ROC-RK3328-CC 1GB version 1.2 and they have added a jumper for RTC backup battery as I have showed it in the picture below,

All you have to do is to connect a 3V battery with 1.25mm jack to it and set the time. (Left pin +, Right pin -)

In this image you can see that I have DS3231 connected as well but it doesn't work since I2C 0 is disabled by default and you can see an extra IR receiver because the box is fully metal and when it's closed my remote won't work. For IR receiver you can simply connect the data pin to the data pin of the onboard IR receiver.

reading the date and time from RK805 chip

Code
    cat /proc/driver/rtc

setting date and time via software #This should be GMT time at the time you will set it.

Code
    date -s "2018-11-25 13:53:00"

setting date and time into RK805

Code
    hwclock -w

finally reading software time and time from RK805 again

Code
    hwclock -r
    cat /proc/driver/rtc

if everything is right, reboot and after that go to Setting and then Interface then Regional and set your country.

in my case there is a 21 seconds delay between hardware and software so when you are setting the GMT time, set it with +21 second delay.