LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.007 ALPHA for Nanopi K2 Amlogic S905

• Hi everyone,

I'm very new to this but I have been spending a few days reading all the topics related to Amlogic S905 and Nano PI K2.

I've tested many things but there is only one image that works and it contain kodi 17.1

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1xpznetnxyi8tsonwh5g6x7qa0jshgi4v&export=download

But I want to use The latest version that has kodi 18 beta 5

So far my understanding is that I need to have a correct image with correct kernel and correct device tree (dtb.img) to be able to correctly boot up but so far everything I tried was a failure.

I tried to use Odroid C2 image but on uart port it says this is unauthorized and I should contact kernel support...

I also tired to update the one that already work but after successfully updating it, it will give me black screen and nothing works.

Has anyone managed to successfully do this? or can anyone help me make this thing work?

I only have dtb.img for version 3.14.29 but it needs the 4.19 to work. (I assume)

Thank you very much for reading this.

• I don't have this hardware for testing but if you're installing mainline u-boot to internal storage and using a 4.19 kernel image I know that NanoPi-K2 requires specific u-boot (boot FIP) changes to create a working image. If it's possible to boot from an SD card, it should work as-normal.

• I don't have this hardware for testing but if you're installing mainline u-boot to internal storage and using a 4.19 kernel image I know that NanoPi-K2 requires specific u-boot (boot FIP) changes to create a working image. If it's possible to boot from an SD card, it should work as-normal.

Thank you for answering,

This board does not have any internal storage, I'm using SD card (a few of them, different brand different type).

If it helps, I'm able to provide the log from uart port.

Just tell me which image and dtb I use or simply tell me what to do.

• I looked at the FriendlyARM wiki and It looks like you need to provide u-boot on the SD card. I'll have a think..

Thank you for writing back,

There is only one uboot patch available for this board and it's not working with anything above LibreELEC-NanoPiK2.arm-8.0-8.0.1j.img.

This is the log from LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.007.img after patching it.

Nothing happen after this and the screen is completely black but it's not off. (Just a black screen on TV 1080p60hz).

Link to the files I've been able to find,

Patch from piboard

1496080309668-nanopi-k2-patch-by-kicker22004.tar.gz

Nanopi k2 uboot and kernel

attachment.php?id=1132

I have no idea how to use it's kernel but the uboot is the same with the other file.

any thoughts?