Well, this is odd. No video playback all of a sudden. How do I get it back?

• So my system is a generic intel m-board, graphics is Geforce 950. Brand new build with latest download. 4GB of memory and everything is running fine except that this evening the video playback stopped working. The UI is functioning correctly, Both audio streaming and audio library are working correctly but as soon as I play any video The screen does not switch, about ten seconds of audio plays and then nothing. on the top right it shows the file being 'played' and the UI is still active. The file or stream is not being played and there is a small performance dip. If I press the stop button on the remote the file is removed from the top right of the screen and there's is a brief flicker as everything returns to normal. I also pulled the card and tried it on the integral m-board Intel graphics but the response was exactly the same. What did I do or what went ping in the system that I didn't notice? More importantly, how do I fix it. Any help would be gratefully received,

• Although we love a good story, we're also interested in the technical details via a debug-enabled kodi.log file. :)

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Allow me to provide you with the details.

I enabled debugging as per the WIKI. I then logged off of LibreElec and powered down the computer.

Then powered on the computer and LibreElec came up as normal.

Then played '2001' video, and same behaviour

Then played 'Boundin' video and same behaviour.

link to Kodi log on Pastebin

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ok, well everything is back to normal. I did the old TV equivalent of hitting the side of the box and the video playback returned. I actually went into System, System Settings, then selected Display, then scrolled to the bottom and selected the last option 'Reset Above Settings to Default' and select 'Yes' in the confirmation box and press enter or OK on the remote. Then back out all the way to the top level and then select a video or a video stream and play it. Video playback works! Or at least it does for me. This time at least. I don't know why this worked especially since there was nothing on this page that I modified. But there you go. If you're video playback suddenly stops working, try this.