Date keeps drifting on Raspi

• Hi,

I have a bit of a strange problem here. On my RaspPi2 I have a persistent problem with the date slipping. When I boot up the date and time is correct, but after a short time (30 secs or so), it slips to some random date in the future. This started happening when I was running the stable last build of Krypton, so I decided to try updating to the latest beta Leia 8.90.006 to see if it went away. It did not.

I originally had no NTP servers set, but I tried the standard pool, a pool for the UK and a pool for IE. None of them work. I tried setting wait for network - but this made no difference.

I noticed this on dmesg, which look as if it might be the root cause:

Code
    Jun 22 12:12:04 LibreELECbedroom connmand[348]: ntp: adjust (jump): +11085112.049257 sec
  • Ok found the issue, I have Zomboid VPN setup on the box and it had stopped connecting because it needed a new setup file. The point where it was dropping the correct date - was the point where Zomboid was failing to connect to a valid VPN. I downloaded a new setup file and re-established the VPN connection and next boot the date and time was correct and persistent.

Shoog