SMB No route to host

• Hi

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Am running kodi 17.5 on a libreelec 8.2 box.

I just set up new network with a different router.

On my old network I simply entered the Qnap NAS SMB IP address, which was fixed, username/password into the 'add network location...' dialogue and it worked.

This time, I do the same thing, but I get a 'no route to host' error. I can access the NAS from Mac using OSX without any problems so the drive is online. What does 'no route to host' mean in this situation? What should I check?

The NAS has a fixed IP address.

Thanks

• It sounds like the HTPC device is running in a different IP subnet to the NAS and there are no routing rules (or gateway) to handle routing data between the two subnets; hence the "no route to host" message. If you added a WIFI router to an existing network (a hunch) it will be easier to configure it as a wireless bridge so it simply provides a wireless extension to the existing network instead of creating a second (routed) network for wireless devices. If you use it as a router (which will also result in NAT being used) you will need to configure routing rules (either manually on each host or pushed via DHCP) so devices in each subnet know how to route data to each other.