Feedback for Tinkerboard (Rockchip 3288)

• Hi

I am using at the moment the first official release v8.90.006 for the thinkerboard S. It works quite well with some flaws that I would like to list here. You mentioned under the notes, that you focus currently on the OS core rather than Kodi issues. I have to be honest that I may not see if an issue is related to the core, Kodi or to an Addon.

The Problems that I noted:

• Bitstreaming to my Denon receiver is working so far, except if an audio master is attached to the source. I get an analogue noise as soon I try to play, for example, a movie with a DTS-HD audio file attached and the Display of the Denon receiver is showing some wired symbols because he is probably not able to display the information he is receiving.

• I use the Netflix input-stream addon that works on my raspberry-pi and a limit of 720p very well. On the thinkerboard S even with the limit to 720P you can see how jerky it runs. The processor is always peaking very high and is reaching its limits. Everything under 720p works fine, but then it is very blurry on a big screen.

• Probably related to the Bitstream issue above. Now and then if I start a episode on Netflix I get to hear as well a analogue noise, as soon I stop the episode and start over it works again.

• Hi,

Thanks a lot for the new update. It is getting there.

Just a question about the InputStream add-on? I just noticed that it did not get updated to the newest version like on my raspberry. Can I find it somewhere else to get it updated. I hope that reduces the jerking of the Netflix stream on 720p.

EDIT:

A few minutes back the add-on was updated automatically. Thanks for that. Netflix is running under 720p slightly better but not as smooth as on the raspberry. Just hope that some day 1080p will be possible, but just now the load on the CPU is too high and the stream runs very bad.

Edited once, last by Nerd (November 13, 2018 at 7:18 PM).