Cubox i4 Pro Hangs on first boot?

• Hey fellas, I've been running a Cubox Pro for a few years using Kodi 15, which is really starting to get long in the tooth. It seems that all the Kodi manuals and tutorials are for 17.x, and therefore making it more challenging to navigate and figure things out.

I also recently bought my parents a Pro 4x4 and was chagrined to learn that it shipped with 15 installed.

I'm going through the process of figuring out how to run a newer version on my Pro, and I've successfully flashed an SD card using the windows USB-SD creator, but once the Cubox boots, it hangs on the splash screen without any progress. I did a bit of digging into older threads (I could find some from 2017, Edit: and mid 2018 as well - but these seemed too old to revive) but I wanted to make sure that whatever flashable image I was using was the most up to date for my hardware.. And I read something about the 4x4 being less compatible?!

Thanks for your help in advance!

• It sounds like you're hitting the "black screen" issue as detailed here and you need to use a 3.14 kernel.

However, LE 8.2.5 (Kodi 17) is the last release - at the moment - for Cubox-i so it's unlikely you'll be able to upgrade to LE 9 (Kodi 18. Support maybe included in LE 10 (Kodi 19) but it all depends on the availability of drivers.

• It sounds like you're hitting the "black screen" issue as detailed here and you need to use a 3.14 kernel.

However, LE 8.2.5 (Kodi 17) is the last release - at the moment - for Cubox-i so it's unlikely you'll be able to upgrade to LE 9 (Kodi 18. Support maybe included in LE 10 (Kodi 19) but it all depends on the availability of drivers.

Perfect. That's all I needed. I used the image posted by vPeter in #2 post in that thread running 8.0.0, and it's running pretty well, however I see the most up to date image is in post #100. I assume that's the most current one I can get? (sorry, I'd mention him in the post but I'm unsure how to add the, so they get the notification)