Connection lost with Pi Server

• I have been trying to solve my issue for the last few weeks and I am running out of ideas.

My setup is:

(PI-1)

Raspberry Pi 3b+ running libreelec 8.90.004, tvheadend server and client

HDHomerun wired directly to PI and PI connected to home WIFI 5GHZ (Tethering enabled so ethernet and wifi on same range)

External HDD Seagate 4TB Slim with powered usb hub.

(PI-2)

Raspberry Pi 3 running libreelec 8.90.004, tvheadend client

Wired directly to router.

My setup works normally but when I start watching live TV on my PI-2 at some random time the TV will stop playing and little buffering circle appears and says 0.

Few week ago I checked the logs and the only hint I saw was an error happening often with getDiskSpace unable to stat path that seemed to happen when network was lost (I know doesnt seem related at all but I was desperate). Having nothing to lose I hooked up a powered usb hub but no improvement.

When I try to access my PI-1 with my mobile app, says that it cannot see it. Same result with SSH the PI-1 is just not on the network anymore.

If i check my PI-1 it is still running and I am able to navigate with a keyboard in kodi and even watch live TV since its directly hooked to my hdhomerun.

I though perhaps that the connection was lost with the router but when I check the network status it still says that it is connected to my router.

If I reboot the PI and check the kodi logs, no error related to network.

The only thing I have noticed is that the problem will never happen if both PI are just running not doing anything and If there is a high WIFI traffic going on, chances the problem occurs are higher. Same if I activate timeshift option on tvheadend server for some reason. I had to disable it so I would be able to watch TV a bit longer before it crashes.

Any knows issues with WIFI driver? Any way I can activate any other kind of logs to check the network? Any way I can get to terminal locally from KODI since WIFI network is down and therefore no SSH possible.

Thanks

• There are MANY issues with the internal WIFI on the RPi. Any issues with WIFI are normally resolved with a decent USB WIFI adapter (5Ghz worked best for me).