Do some hardware handle Audio passthrough better than others?

• Hi!

I recently swapped my Odroid (running CoreELEC) for an Intel NUC6CAYH running LibreELEC latest Krypton. Overall a big upgrade except for a thing that raises some questions.

With the Nuc I need to set a 735ms delay for 24p video in advancedsetting to have my movies a/v synced when using audio passthrough. In combination with setting the screen refreshrate to match the media being played that is.

With that said. Is this a hardware specific issue or is it a LibreELEC vs CoreELEC thing? If I were to guess i'd say it's a S905 perk compared to Intel, but I actually have no idea.

I guess I'm just curious if I can look forward for this being fixed or not :) It's hard to get the perfect delay setting.

Also I have to use the passthrough and DTS transcoding to get surround, since I'm using a Sonos playbar setup. I mean it's a great feature :D

Any knowledge out there? :)

• Oh. Its a bit confusing. In my case i have advance the audio. In advancedsettings i put a video delay to match the audio since I cant find a way to set audio +/- minus in the xml file.

I use a 60" led from Samsung. Nothing fancy. ju6075 i believe its called

• If you need to delay video to match the slower audio path that makes sense. I'd guess you have HDMI to the TV which has to process the audio to an optical or HDMI output on the TV and from there into the Sonos which then has to process the audio for output. Even if everything is in pass-through audio mode the format might not change but there's still going to be a buffered input/output process somewhere, and that's where delays stack up.

• But it works flawless except for when the display is in 24p. And no problems when I used the Odroid. Thats the thing im trying to narrow down. If its a hardware problem or not

• Hmm. Thats weird. Seems to be working now. For future reference, I missed to check "Output configuration" to Best match. I had it set to optimized. I dont know why it makes any difference. But it clearly does.