August DVB-T205 or Alternative

• I have an August DVB-T205 USB receiver. Can anyone confirm if this will work with a Raspberry Pi? I was planning to use it with TvHeadend, but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

I can't plug it in to test it yet, as I don't have the internet to download TvHeadend and my ISP is taking 18 (!!!) days to set it up. I'd ideal like to have everything ready to go when the internet does final land at my flat.

I've looked on this list to check. The T205 isn't listed at all, so at least it's not down as not working. The closest I can get is the T210 which seems to be listed as working.

If it doesn't work (or just for future reference), can anyone suggest me a bog standard, no fancy stuff, USB receiver that will work with the Pi which is CHEAP and readily available in the UK?

That list above is very extensive. I've no idea where to start with it really.

• Thank

This MAY work, with latest 005 and crazycat drivers this SHOULD support it.

Can't tell you something substantial, sry.

Thanks. Would you be able to expand on this a little.

What do you mean by 005 and where can I find the crazycat drivers?

• 005 means LE release 8.90.005 available Here

The crazycat drivers are loaded in the Addon "LibreELEC Module Drivers" -> DVB drivers

You should be able to test operation without Tvheadend but without internet it will be difficult.

If you have a phone with data, you could tether it to wifi and use that.

If.... it doesn't work. there is always Xbox One Digital TV Tuner from Amazon at around £9 -> 10

• 005 means LE release 8.90.005 available Here

The crazycat drivers are loaded in the Addon "LibreELEC Module Drivers" -> DVB drivers

You should be able to test operation without Tvheadend but without internet it will be difficult.

If you have a phone with data, you could tether it to wifi and use that.

If.... it doesn't work. there is always Xbox One Digital TV Tuner from Amazon at around £9 -> 10

Thanks, I'll look to give that a go. I can't keep tethering my phone to get internet access, I'm absolutely tearing through my data allowance....

I have a Xbox tv tuner running from an Android box with coreelec, only cost £4.95 from thegamecollection

Does it work out of the box with the standard Libeelec download?

• The Xbox stick is supported ootb since LE8.2.

Amazon has it too.

Sod it, for £5 might just go for it. If it works out of the box it seems worth it for less hassle.

I'd rather keep to standard issue Libeelce and not bother with any forks, alpha releases etc. (I've no idea what I'm talking about, can you tell......?)

• Just try it, if you can't get any reception send it back :)

No luck, I can't get the xbox, or the August DVB-T205 to work. I've tried with the CrayCat drivers as well and still nothing.

None of the muxes are finding any serivces. Is there any way to check if the drivers for the card are actually installed?