Boblightd, SKIPPED FRAMES

• Hi,

been using openelec and boblight since 4.2.1 and have had very little issues.

However since moving to OE 6..0.0 and LE 7.0.0 Beta and using boblight 6.0.0 i get a lot of skipped frames.

turning boblight off, stoppes the skipped frames.

setup
    nuc i3 ivy bridge
    lightpack 1
    panasonic 24hz tv

enabling boblight but not showing any color maked it skip frames. So even if boblightd is not turning on the lights, the frames are dropped. disabling xbmc boblight solves the skipped frames.

any file format and refreshrate causes skipped frames.

I have even done a complete rebuild, starting from OE 4.2.1 -> OE 5.0.8 -> OE 6.0.0 -> LE 7.0.0

any thougths ?

[Beta] OpenELEC 7.0 beta 1 and LibreELEC 7.0.0 Beta 1 released solves some of the issues.

Dropping is less extreme, max 1 dropped frame per 5-10 seconds, and only 1 drop max. So not as noticeable as before. Before where 10-15 dropped frames back to back.

So the beta resolves some issues, but does not fix it. watching 45 min of film still gives 360+ dropped frames.

I did not notice it while watching the 45min, and I'm very sensitive to drops.

So, its a good start.

I also posted a tread on the OE forum:

OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - OpenELEC 6.0.0 and BobLightd 6.0.0, skipped frames (3/3)

• I had the same problem starting with OE 6.0 - I guess its because boblight din't work that well with the latest graphic implementation.
    You can use alternatively Hyperion, this supersedes boblight by far.

• I had the same problem starting with OE 6.0 - I guess its because boblight din't work that well with the latest graphic implementation.
    You can use alternatively Hyperion, this supersedes boblight by far.

does Hyperion work on an intel NUC, running LE ?

• Is there a repo for Hyperion looking on doing an ambilight project using arduino and want to know it works before I start buying parts
    Sorry for the hijack