noob needs help/informations on rasp 3B+ with libreelec

• hello,

first of all, i'm totaly new to raspberry and libreelec.

i want to use the rasppi 3B+ only in singleboot to libreelec and need some beginner manuals.

The following things could happens to me.

1. i have a digi+ addon board for optical output - How can i use it ?

2. i have a Orbsmart Airmouse Remote - how can i map this remote with keyboard to the OS

3. is there a way to replicate a onfigured SD Card to another ?

so any usable/helpful manuals/links or hints for problems i could run into, are very appreciated.

if anybody have a link to a good german board, too, it would be great because my english is not so good and sometimes, problems will be solved easier in first language.

regards

Michael

• 1. Enable the required device-tree overlay in config.txt, e.g. dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi-overlay

2. It's a USB "keyboard" device so just plug it in and use it. If buttons need remapping HOW-TO:Modify keymaps - Official Kodi Wiki

3. Create a backup in the LE settings addon. Clean install to the new/second device and restore the backup.

Kodinerds has several LE staff/team as moderators: Kodinerds.net - Deutschsprachiges Forum zum Kodi Entertainment Center

• chewitt, thanks a lot, the links are very helpfully, but much to read.

today i got the hardware but the hifiberry doesnt work as expected.

does anyone have this combination PI 3B+ and digi+Pro got to work ?

it was nice to know if it is possible, else i have to send it back to the shop

• The Hifiberry Digi Pro should work out of the box. It's a HAT which contains the necessary config to use it in an EEPROM - so you don't need to add anything to config.txt.

Just tested it here, on a RPi3B (non plus) and it worked fine.

If you already added anything to config.txt better remove it - it could pervent the card from working.

so long,

Hias

• HiassofT, thanks for the Information about config.txt, i will give it a try, but on the HifiBerry PCB also a text is printed, to put the dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi to config.txt

today a friend comes with a PI3B, so i can test it also on this Raspberry

maybe it is a defect on hifiberry or raspberry. or a incompatibility with my AVR Yamaha RX V630RDS

• Interesting, I hadn't noticed the "dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi" print on my PCB ("HifiBerry Digi-Pro HW 1.1") before :)

Adding that line won't hurt, but it doesn't seem to be needed. Just tested here on a 3B+ using LE 8.2.5 and it was detected fine, without anything added to config.txt (yesterday I tested it on a 3B using bleeding edge LE9 build with kernel 4.19-rc2).

Code
    LibreELEC (official): 8.2.5 (RPi2.arm)
    le8:~ # aplay -l
    **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi], device 0: HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HiFi wm8804-spdif-0 []
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

If you can't get the card working, add the following line to config.txt:

Code
    dtdebug=1

then reboot, ssh in and post the output of the following commands

Code
    vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | paste
    dmesg | paste

Then add "dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi" to config.txt (maybe it's indeed needed on some version of the card, who knows), reboot, run the two commands again and post the output as well.

so long,

Hias

• All Clear.

it seems to be a little mistake of me.

the SPDIF plug was not set correct, it was a problem with the size of the plug or the case, i dont know, but it doesn't fit 100%.

But now, it works. (now you allowed to lough) and i can confirm, it works without the "dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi" line in config.txt

I think i have to work around on one of them or both a little bit, so it will fit 100% with no problems.

now i can start to understand the keymapping and try to correct it, to match the keys of my remote.

one question about this keymapping, how can i figure out, what key is pressed on my remote. Is there a addon which can show the pressed keys/key-id ?

or did someone have a suggestion, which setting is good for the Orbsmart Airmouse ?

for now, a big THANKS to all of you.

• If you enable debug logging (in Settings->System->Logging) you'll see the key code received by kodi and what action it'll execute in the kodi log - just run tail -f .kodi/temp/kodi.log to see that info while testing.

You can also run evtest from the system tools addon to see the keycodes - but you have to stop kodi (and maybe also eventlircd) as they'll grab the input devices and then evtest can't show any info

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop eventlircd

so long,

Hias