RC-6 protocol not enabled

• I have a setup where I use ir blasting with my librelec. I have autostart setup to disable and then reenable lirc using my setup. In the last 2 versions my remotes stopped working all together.

I noticed that when runnning ir-keytables that the rc-6 protocol is not enabled.

I was able to get it working by ssh into the machine and typing

echo "rc-6" > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

I tried adding this to autostart.sh to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

• I mean what the problem with autostart.sh?

RC6 is still enabled in kernel as module. As before. But maybe with linux version bump something has been changed.

And btw: on which image is that? Which system? I asked around and Ultra2 with Generic image uses an RC6 remote and still working fine.

Edited once, last by vpeter (August 19, 2016 at 8:17 AM).

• I mean what the problem with autostart.sh?

RC6 is still enabled in kernel as module. As before. But maybe with linux version bump something has been changed.

And btw: on which image is that? Which system? I asked around and Ultra2 with Generic image uses an RC6 remote and still working fine.

I'm not sure, when I run the echo command above from command prompt the rc-6 protocol is enabled. When I do it inside the autostart.sh it doesn't get enabled.

this can be determined by running ip-keytable at the prompt. BTW there are about 5-6 protocols supported but only lirc is enable in the .004 version.

And as to the windows comment above ... go wash your mouth out with soap for using foul language!

• What happens if you type in console

Code
    sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh

And as to the windows comment above ... go wash your mouth out with soap for using foul language!

Don't get that part. What do you mean?

And still no information which system do you actualy use (rpi, ...).

Edited once, last by vpeter (August 19, 2016 at 5:36 PM).

• What happens if you type in console

Code
    sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Don't get that part. What do you mean?

And still no information which system do you actualy use (rpi, ...).

lol I am not a Window operating system fan. running 64 bit generic

I moved the command to the very end of autostart.sh and it seems to be working now