Video Stutter on Intel HD Graphic since Jarvis with LE & OE

• Dear all,

My first words is to say a big thanks to LibreElec team for this amazing job. I use Kodi (XBMC) since the first Xbox and it's an great soft for multimedia.

Here is my copnfig :
    Motherboard Asus P8h67-i
    Intel i3 2120 Sandy bridge with HD graphics 2000
    4Go Ram

Currently I'm using LE 7.0.2 and I have stutter when I play a video. I have this issue with :
    LE 7.0.2
    LE 8 Alpha
    OE 6.95.X

BUT, I don't have this problem with kodibuntu 16.1. So, I think is an issue with LE or OE.

I have tested a lot of option like Adjust refresh rate, .... But, I have always the stutter on all video.
    I think i have the same problem than [font]GrimGriefer[/font]

This is my paste log with debug activate.

Thanks you for your help

Kodi log - Pastebin.com

• Hi polarrys,

From what I have seen, the problem occurred when OpenELEC Jarvis beta's came about and it has filtered its way into the LibreELEC Jarvis and Krypton beta versions too.

It would be interesting if you could try the OpenELEC v6.0.3 Isengard build and see if that works for you like it does for me to see if there is something consistent there.

• I'm on a Haswell NUC and haven't seen stuttering since the Frodo days, so this is definitely not a general Intel problem. I have "sync playback to display" off.

• Hi polarrys,

From what I have seen, the problem occurred when OpenELEC Jarvis beta's came about and it has filtered its way into the LibreELEC Jarvis and Krypton beta versions too.

It would be interesting if you could try the OpenELEC v6.0.3 Isengard build and see if that works for you like it does for me to see if there is something consistent there.

Dear GrimGriefer,
    Yes it work with OE 6.0.3 but I can't use AudioDsp with this version.

I really thinks that Jarvis is the problem. Maybe Kernel ? I don't know.

I'm sure there is a lot of people with the same config with this problem.

I test all the Beta Krypton and I hope a new Beta will resole this problem.
    [hr]

fD54250WYK.

Maybe recent intel HD graphics work.
    Maybe only Sandy et Ivy bridge have problem

Edited once, last by polarrys (August 17, 2016 at 7:16 PM).

• Hello,

I have a suggestion. Could those affected by the bug please check:

* is VAAPI used for HW-accelerated playback or FFMPEG software? (press "o" key during playback to see the codec)
    * what is the setting for interlace in video playback properties? (can be found in video options during playback)
    * what is the setting for screen refresh rate change? (in system settings)

and test, if playback using

* use VAAPI / VDPAU: all options off
    * screen refresh rate change: on start/stop
    * deinterlace: off

is still stuttering?

If it should play well, you can change each option individually and maybe find out which is responsible.

• Hello mmpp,

I think I have testing all possible settings for my problem.
    Normally (with OE 6.0.3) my settings was :
    VAAPI/VDPAU : Off ( An i3 Sandybridge is powerfull for HD video)
    Screen Refresh Rate : On start and stop
    Deinterlaced : Off.

With this settings, I have the same problem :(

Thx