Adding a IR receiver on rpi 3

• I had a IR receiver attached on my Rpi 1, and used openelec to control it via my Samsung remote (my TV doesn't support CEC).

Now, I moved this to my Libreelec Rpi 3, but lirc stuff are not there.

Does anyone know if there are similar instructions to this but for my current setup?

• The option to enable / disable Lirc in LibreELEC settings has been removed as well, lircd will now be started automatically if the/storage/.config/lircd.conf file is present.

lircd.conf is not present. Only lircd.conf.rpi is there which is not the same I don't think.

• With LE9 you can just put a lircd.conf file in /storage/.config/ and then reboot. in LE 8.2 you have to enable Lirc in LE settings.

But I recommend following the wiki guide and create an ir-keytable configuration, this is the modern standard in Linux and more flexible and hassle-free. Only use lirc if you have an odd remote that is not supported yet by ir-keytable.

so long,

Hias

• Update: I followed your instructions and it worked. Thanks! I had to configure my own remote.

Now my problem is that the remote works for a few seconds when Kodi starts and then stops working.

Here's my log

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Skag (August 14, 2018 at 9:44 PM).

• Ok I just ran

Code
    ir-keytable -c -w /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/my_custom_remote

after kodi has started, and it seems that it reloaded it.... strange.

• Update to LE 8.2.5 and remove your banned addons / repositories. I'd recommend doing a clean LE 8.2.5 installation and check if it works there.

Edit: also make sure Lirc is disabled in LE settings.

so long,

Hias