Need help Intel Nuc

• Hi all,

Wonder if someone can help, this is driving me mad.

So about a week ago I have LibreElec version 8.0.2 on my Intel Nuc which is connected to my av receiver which was working fine, stupidly I decided to try and update to the newest version then it stopped working. What would happen is it would start to boot, I would get a HDMI connection light on the avr then nothing, however I could ssh to it and if I reboot the Nuc I can get the BIOS up.

Did a fresh install same thing.

Now I have done a bit of playing about, if I install version 7.0.3 and I can set the resolution in LibreElec to 1080p.

Anything version over 8.0.0 I can install it but only get resolution 1280x1024

Anything version over 8.0.1 and higher I get the Intel Nuc splash screen with the message its just about to run the installer then screen goes blank and the HDMI signal light goes out on the avr but if I remove it from the avr and plug directly to the tv it displays.

Anyone got any ideas?

Nuc updated to the latest firmware.

Many thanks in advance, this is really driving me mad.

J

• If it works when connected to the TV and doesn't work when the AVR is between them the issue points towards the AVR. It may be the case that firmware/drivers didn't understand something quirky about the AVR in the past and now attempt to handle things and do it badly. You can see that as a problem with the drivers but usually the root problem is with the AVR. Denon or Pioneer?

First suggestion is to change the HDMI cable. Second suggestion is to read of Custom EDID [LibreELEC.wiki] and see if capturing the TV edid and forcing this solves the problem.