LibreELEC 8.x images for additional dvb drivers

• Your 6280 initialized and ready :) maybe you have some setup or signal issues ? you must set freq, bandwidth (usual 8MHz for UHF) and standard (DVB-T or T2) for terrestrial. For cable just need freq and standard DVB-C annex A/C (SR optional, because Sony demods always autodetect it).

• ....sorry I was being thick. The Sony CXD2820R is the chip on my card so actually it was (is) working fine. Just forgot to enable the adapters! All good, thanks.

To clarify: I thought driver installation had gone wrong and installed drivers for the wrong equipment but in fact it was correct (in case there are any other thicko's out there like me).

Learning the ways of Linux. Dmesg is your friend.

Edited 2 times, last by hoopertr0n (August 8, 2017 at 10:35 AM).

• thanks for your image , you are the best , i would like to ask can i upgrade kodi without to loose dvb drivers and my settings of tvheadend ? are you going to create new image with dvb drivers for kodi 17.4 ? thanks

• I have now something to test (RPi2 + Generic).

Index of /LibreELEC/8.2_Krypton/8.1.1/

These images are based at the current 8.1.1 tree (get updated to 8.2 as soon available).

Whats in:

- all different DVB drivers that are available in latest versions

- the possibility to update those drivers via an addon or install new drivers via addon

- drivers are managed at the addons (simply activate/deactivate)

Know problems:

- you can activate all addons -> could cause trouble

- after enable the addon you need to manually reboot instead of getting asked for "pls reboot" -> will be solved soonish

How it works:

http://cvh.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC/8.2_Krypton/dvb-addons-howto.mp4

If someone could successful test it some reports would be nice :)

• I,ve just installed it and it's working fine on my RPi2. Unfortunately my Terratec Cinergy S2 Rev.4 isn't correctly initialized (I've tested the add-ons enabling one of them with the other two disabled, and also tested disabling all three, rebooting after any change).

Please tell me when the add-on with the changes we have commented on the other thread is ready to do more tests.

• That's a really nice approach! Good install and boot. My K-world 435Q worked without enabling any of the dvb addons. My Hauppauge wintv-dual 955D worked with 1 tuner on the latest kernel driver (which makes sense).

Nice work!

• Hi CvH,

Thanks as always for the good work, I have a quick question, I am using a hauppauge SoloHD which used to be working fine, currently most of the channels are breaking and getting a lot of continuity errors like below

Code
    2017-09-11 20:26:41.577 TS: DVBC/466MHz/Nickelodeon: MPEG2AUDIO @ #443 Continuity counter error (total 1154)

I tried all drivers and still in the best case get none watchable results , any idea what is going on wrong?

Here is the log XaGU

Thanks for your support.

• pls provide a dmesg | paste , did you tried the media_build drivers addon as well ?

What DD card is it ?

I also tried your new build LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.1.1-dvb-1.0.img.gz and activated "DVB drivers for DigiatalDevices Cards". No tuners found after restart. I have a Digital Devices Cine C/T V6. Here is the dmesg:

CYha

• Help...

I'm about to switch from MP+Win10

to LibreElec

I have a new tuner:

TBS 6290 SE

A dual DVB-T,T2 and C dual 2 CI

But only T2 is working, nothing on DVB-T

Any got this tuner to Work?

Tryed All TBS driver, with No luck

I'm on TBS LibreElec 8.1.1

• hrgs, I think the 8.1.0 image I made with DD drivers worked ?

Btw you could use "Latest Kernel Driver" this should work too.

I think the DD drivers are somehow wrongly build, have to investigate.

Sorry for my late answer. Yes, your 8.1.0-DD-image works.

Yes again, your 8.1.1 image with activated "DVB drivers from latest kernel" works also. After updating from your 8.1.0-DD-image, I just had to go to the tvheadend-configuration (Configuration -> DVB Inputs -> TV adapters) and acitivate the tuners and set the networks to my existing ones (just for those who also want to update).

Big Thanks, CvH!:)

• this is a know problem we are not fixed yet - you need DVB issue since LE switched to kernel 4.9.x (scroll to some of the latest pages)

you need basically an 4.8 kernel - sadly nobody was able to bisect the problem between 4.8 and 4.9 (there is an thread with some progress into that bug)

Hi CvH,

Currently I am a bit lost and simply lost all options to view TV, what is your tip which version to use to get the best for me, I even lost track which version should I try.

I tried really a long list and I tried even my old Astrometa tuner and no luck ... :(

btw, I always use the update option, and I don't see any difference between different distros, should I create a new SD and start over?

my current recall is Libreelec which supported Kodi 17.1 or 17.2 was working fine and I updated due to the subtitle treat.

Any recommendation which build to use will be greart.

thanks