LibreElec 8.2.5 on Pi 3B+

• Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'd like some advice as I'm not sure if my device is faulty or I simply do something wrong.

I've been using LibreELEC on a Pi 3B for several weeks now and I'm very happy how KODI performs on that little machine.

Yesterday I installed LibreELEC 8.2.5 from scratch on a Pi 3B+. Installation was as usual without any hick-ups or problems.

However, performance of video playback is abysmal, to say the least.

1080p H.264 videos play for like 3-4 seconds then stop for several seconds, then they continue, stop again, and so on...

So I thought, maybe I did something wrong with the settings in KODI and swapped SD cards between my two Pis.

Again Pi 3B played everthing just fine, Pi 3B+ stutters with almost any video.

Is something wrong with my unit or is the 3B+ not fully supoorted yet?

• Thank you for your input. 8.90.003 is not running much smoother. The long pauses have stopped on most but not all videos and now I have micro stutters because frame rate adjustment does not seem to work (yet?) in Kodi 18. Video output is always 1080p60 no matter the source frame rate.

I have to admit I'm a total Linux noob and have no idea how to get the logfiles from that device in here. I don't think I want to spent countless hours now on learning how to do this and searching for the source of the problem.

The little spare time I have is too precious to me to waste it on stuff like that.

So I've decided to send this unit back and get the very same 3B I already have. Again, thanks for your suggestion.

• Did you enable "adjust refresh rate" and whitelist the modes you'll allow it to switch to? .. because if you don't it'll stick at the default 60.00Hz.

Google "libreelec debug log" and you might find something. It's simple and laziness is no excuse.