[Solved] Network unavailable after suspend

• Hi All, Longtime Kodi user getting away from Windows. I'm really enjoying my experience so far with Libreelec.

When I first installed, I used an old conventional disc drive I had laying around as a test. I was able to set up my system to my liking. I was able to suspend and wake my system using my remote.

I reinstalled to a SSD and now after a suspend my network is unavailable when I resume. Restarting fixes everything. I tried the setting to have Kodi start after the network is up, but it didn't help. I'm sure Kodi is already running on a resume from suspend.

It's not a big deal to shutdown and cold start, but my machine is in another room... looses WAF points ;)

I suspect the problem has to do with how fast the ssd resumes and it thinks my network is unavailable. My server is always up on my gigabit network.

I tried using the upload log tool, but It gave me a link to a vcard from some guy in Serbia ??? http://ix.io/1hly

Here is a log copied from smb

Thanks in advance

• Official Post

Can you explain what hardware you are using (Probably X86) and what version of LE you are running.

I don't believe it's the SSD as LE unpacks the kernel into memory.

Can you provide journalctl |paste and dmesg|paste before and after suspend.

• Well that looks like all is working as expected.

Code
    [   39.479765] PM: resume of devices complete after 1223.078 msecs
    [   39.480032] PM: resume devices took 1.223 seconds
    [   39.480068] PM: Finishing wakeup.
    [   39.480069] Restarting tasks ... done.
    [   41.506122] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0 eth0: link up

Are you on DHCP or static IP - can you try the opposite and see if it improves

• I think I've sorted my issue. I'll leave this that it may help someone in the future...

I have a server called big_server and on it a share called big_pool. My sources ended up looking like this when added using the Kodi GUI...

smb://big_server/big_pool/Movies

smb://big_server/big_pool/TVShows

smb://big_server/big_pool/Pictures

When resuming from standby these sources were unavailable, so I assumed my network was down; hence my OP. Rebooting always made them available.

Iridium pointed out to me that my network was in fact up on resume.

I found if I addressed my server by it's fixed ip rather than it's name it seemed to work more robustly.

Like this...

smb://ip.address.to.server/big_pool/Movies

smb://ip.address.to.server/big_pool/TShows

smb://ip.address.to.server/big_pool/Pictures

I hope this helps someone; gotta pay it forward ;)