Intel NUC7I5BNHX1 playback issues 4k bluray remux

• Hi so i purchased a Intel NUC7I5BNHX1 a few months ago and have recently got around to trying out some bluray 4k remux's on the box. Now some movies play fine, although they do look washed out, and other movies (also 4k remux) playback with strange colour banding and lost of strange artifacts shown (see link to screenshot). So im assuming this is either an issue with Kodi's inability to support 10 bit HDR content or a driver issue, or maybe even both, if its an issue with Kodi is there any sign of this being resolved?, if an Intel driver issue has anybody heard of any later driver that fixes the issue?.

I have tried disabling GPU decoding and whilst it obviously stutters due to CPU topping out i then do not see any artifacts or banding, so the issue looks to be related to GPU decoding in some manner, so im happy the issue is not bad media. I have the NUC connected to a 4k capable TV (Samsung UE49KS8000).

Code
    https://imgur.com/YHqJMam

please excuse the use of code, broken link otherwise, go figure

Edited 3 times, last by binhex (July 18, 2018 at 11:17 PM).

• Official Post

You haven't stated the LE version, but if you're using LE 8.2.x the results are as expected and you need to test again with a current master branch (e.g. Milhouse) release which contains drivers and Kodi with basic HDR support (emphasis on basic as Intel drivers are still "work in progress" on the HDR topic).

• You haven't stated the LE version, but if you're using LE 8.2.x the results are as expected and you need to test again with a current master branch (e.g. Milhouse) release which contains drivers and Kodi with basic HDR support (emphasis on basic as Intel drivers are still "work in progress" on the HDR topic).

Sorry chewitt, it was getting late and my brain wasn't thinking straight, yes i am running LE latest stable release, as in 8.2.5, thanks for confirming my suspicion that it is currently broken for LE 8.2.5 (i get its driver and/or kodi related and not LE issue) and hopefully will be fixed in the later versions of LE. I will go and have a play with the latest millhouse release and for what it's worth i will post my results back here for any other fellow NUC users.