[SOLVED] New Install - Stuck at Kodi Splash screen/black screen/rinse/repeat

• I just used the SD Creator tool to re-image the lastest Kodi (v17.6) an old 1GB SD card for my older RPi (B?) which had been running a fairly old version of Rasbian XBMC.

It boots up to the Kodi Splash screen, hangs for several seconds, then the screen goes black for a while, then the Kodi Splash screen is back, and this repeats until I remove power.

Crash log attached.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Brad

• These days, 1 GB of total storage for LibreELEC is very much "livin' on the edge"... 512 MB for the system partition, some 400 MB for your storage. I'd say 2GB is the absolute mininum.

And if you are planning to use a different, and have a decent library in your multimedia collection, go for at least 4GB, for storing all the thumbs/fanart

Micro SD card prices for 4-8 GB cards are negligible these days, even the Class 10 cards, which you need.

PS: Just make sure you have the correct RPi image from our website to install for your RPi-2 device.

• That was it, thanks! Works fine with an 8GB SD. I had been using the 8GB but that didn't work either previously, I thought my old RPi might not be able to read an SD of that capacity so I switched to the 1GB which had been working with XBMC. But that was before I discovered the power cable I was using was a problem.