Adding own certs to connect via webdavs/sftp again

• Since changes in Kodi you have to add your server cert to kodi's cert store: [install_dir]\system\certs\cacert.pem in windows. In LE I found this file in /etc/ssl but I was not able to change it there (cannot write there). On Odroid I use CE and informed developer in CE Forum (HTTPS/FTP not working - Kodi - CoreELEC Forums) but Adamg patch did not worked kodi: use provided ssl certificate if available · CoreELEC/[email protected] · GitHub in spite of good idea.

Can you help to geht this working again since its a global problem? If your cert isn't added to kodi people will get:

CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates(60)

and cannot connect to their webdavs/sftp sources anymore.

This is my main problem with alphas since many many weeks and I hope somebody will fix this issue before RC.

thanks for your attention and happy new year <3

• Try setting this variable in console and then restart kodi. Of course file must exists there.

Code
    1. export SSL_CERT_FILE=/storage/.kodi/userdata/cacert.pem
    2. systemctl restart kodi

Maybe another option is to set verifypeer=false in sources.xml as [curl] add url option to disable peer verification by Rechi · Pull Request #13909 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

Blu-ray Disc Java menus support - forum thread, Github

my lamp addon (unofficial/community) (limited no support)
    my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Is there any public sftp server which could be used to test this issue? Just to connect to it not with actual media stuff :)

my touchscreen support and instructions by Grruhn (now touchscreen addon exists in repository)

• Btw: if the problem is read-only ssl folder you can make it writable :)

Code
    1. cp -a /etc/ssl/ /storage/
    2. mount -o bind /storage/ssl/ /etc/ssl/
    3. systemctl restart kodi

• Thanks, thats my personal problem - i did not know how to make it writable.

I will try that and report! And how do I unmount it again?

_

But nevertheless I think a generally feature without workaround would be useful. I wont be the only one with problems when changing to leia.

• Put this line in autostart.sh

Code
    1. mount | grep -q etc/ssl || mount -o bind /storage/ssl/ /etc/ssl/

If you don't have this file you can create it with command

Code
    1. echo "mount | grep -q etc/ssl || mount -o bind /storage/ssl/ /etc/ssl/" >/storage/.config/autostart.sh

When I will reproduce the issue then will make better solution :)

• For understanding: this autostart.sh would only mount /etc/ssl/ (to make it writable)? How do I add/replace, in the next step, my modified cert.pem-file to /etc/ssl/?

Sorry for noob-questions, these commands are like chinese for me.

When I will reproduce the issue then will make better solution

That would be so marvelous!!! :D As I mentioned, adamg's code had sound very easy kodi: use provided ssl certificate if available · CoreELEC/[email protected] · GitHub , but did not work, so he throw it away. Maybe you have another idea.

• autostart.sh script will mount ssl folder to make it writable. But you need to make folder /storage/ssl where you add/change files (as written in one of my post).

I did reproduce the issue but even with copying cacert.pem to ssl folder didn't make it work. Probably because I don't really understand all those certificate stuff :D Was just following first google tutorial for creating self signed certificate.

• Probably because I don't really understand all those certificate stuff :D

Welcome to the club :D A few weeks ago I even did not know that my NAS/webdavsserver has a cert^^ And now kodi wants me to add this f****g thing to its "cert-store" only to get connection again, that worked with Isengard till Krypton without doing anything - just adding webserver-adress and voilà...nice old times

but even with copying cacert.pem to ssl folder didn't make it work.

Did you try webdavs/https? Because in relation to sftp (if you tried this) there where also other changes i kodi I believe.

But you need to make folder /storage/ssl where you add/change files (as written in one of my post).

Ah, I missunderstood this. I just knocked the code from #6 in putty and then I replaced original cacert.pem-file with my modified one directly in etc/ssl via WinSCP (what worked temporary till next restart^^)

• I made few tests and seems the only solution is to add self signed CA certificate (cacert.pem) to /etc/ssl/cert.pem file. This way all CA's are usable. Of course for this folder must be writable.

But maybe I'm wrong and there is better solution :)