VDR Skin in FrameBuffer - Without X11 ?

• Hello everyone,

It's been 3 days that I block on a stage of a project under a LibreELEC environment, and with a box WeTek Play 2.

I would like to use VDR with better performance, and not go under Kodi (except the OSD VDR) which Stream audio and video, and thus causes slow zaps (cache).

Most ARM boxes, works directly in FrameBuffer, but I have a doubt if the Skins vdr-plugin-skindesigner and skin-flatplus, can work without X11 ?

Because at each startup, I find myself with a segmentation fault, and the command "dmesg" tells me just this, which does not help me at all :

However, I have no problem with standard VDR skins.

Do you have any idea who can be involved in my VDR 2.2.0 ?

I enclose the startup file : vdr.start

I'm just adding this :

Code
    VDR_ARG="$VDR_ARG -P skindesigner"

Looking forward to hearing from you, I thank you in advance.

• Apparently, he only uses Kodi in PVR, so he makes the Stream in Audio/Video.

He did a VDR, but only for Raspberry Pi with I imagine the VDR Raspberry Pi HD Device plugin.

I allowed myself to open a topic on the forum of VDR, I explain here the possibility of integrating the OSD of VDR on Kodi ! : Skin in FrameBuffer - Without X11 ? - VDR-Skins - VDR Portal

But I block from the start on this skin story, it's very frustrating. X(

Despite my weeks of work, I abandon the one on OpenATV, because GSTreamer works only in the opening of file, which is not the case of Enigma2 in DVB. I gave up even more, when I saw that some definitions were added for Amlogic, it would take me too long to make a PC version, Amlogic, Raspberry Pi, and Rockchip.

Since I'm giving up this part, I'm going to enclose my amlogic-e2-procfs, made in 2016 for the Wetek case, I designed it in reverse engineering, with the official module of Wetek, and under IdaPro : MEGA

You will be able to count on months, to publicly publish the work, as well as the source code of the addon LiveTV under Kodo, to integrate the Skin OSD of VDR. ;)

• Big thanks. I am not devoloper but I always follow your threads. Big idea and project. openatv and vdr addon work simultaneously under with libreelec.

Edited once, last by taki (July 7, 2018 at 8:33 AM).

• it is possible amlogic box work with usb tuner under enigma2 (hw Demuxer and e2procfs) May be work all s805 s905 like dvb receicer with usb tuner?

• False joy, he made that PC version : htpc/package.mk at master · AlexELEC/htpc · GitHub

He added the librsvg library, as I did on my side :

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I will see, if I can contact him privately, and if there is the same problem as me.

• Hey man, I'm very interested in the e2procfs as We're working on a building enigma2 distros for our amlogic boxes

[howto] Build -unofficial- PLi for your -unsupported- receiver - Page 60 - [EN] Third-Party Development - Forums - Page 60

Once we get enigma2 working under openpli I plan on adding support for other distros like openatv and such. It would be nice if you can help me.

the amlogic-e2-procfs drivers fails to build for me probably because you wrote it for an older kernel

this header file linux/amlogic/osd/osd_dev.h does not exist in the new kernels by amlogic (3.14.29) can you try to update the module to be compiled for the newer kernel available on github ?

• GDB was very useful to me, I was able to locate the problem, and put some "printf" debugging, because the errors with the dsyslog function do not work.

I quickly knew where the crash comes from, it occurs when the skin does not initialize properly, it will then put the default skin that is "LCARS", and that's where the crash comes.

So I looked for the reason for this switch to the default skin, and it is this variable that is negative :

Code
            if (!trueColorAvailable) {
                newSkin->ActivateBackupSkin();
            }

So I commented "newSkin->ActivateBackupSkin();", and I now have a load without crash, however, I have a black screen, but I see scrolling commands.

I think I can cope, now that I have many more elements !

Thank you in any case for your support very fast !

moham_96 : We must compare the Kernel 3.10 and 3.14, I think the functions are still present, but in another file.

I'm no longer dealing with OpenATV, I will not have time to import support for this module.

• moham_96 : We must compare the Kernel 3.10 and 3.14, I think the functions are still present, but in another file.

I'm no longer dealing with OpenATV, I will not have time to import support for this module.

I don't think the functions were moved to another file, amlogic changed a lot between the 3.10 and 3.14 kernels, a lot of functions were removed and osd function was one of many.

To bad you no longer have interest in enigma2 support :(

• what is actually the problem ? doesn't it build ?

Everything is going very well on this part, I was actually making a comparison with what has already done "AlexELEC". ;)

I'm starting to understand how "vdr-plugin-vnsiserver" works, it's "Kodi" that connects to it, and gets everything in Socket, including the OSD.

It remains to be seen if this method can adapt to skins with animations, because I fear that it is frames that are transmitted by Socket command.

I have otherwise made a small patch in "VDR", for whom I get all the logs ! :

File : tools.c

• For the moment it is in neutral, I explore the possibilities to develop a compatible solution on several hardwares.

I just opened a topic on the forum of Kodi, concerning the support of the True Color OSD on the plugin "VNSIServer", if such a solution is possible, it will open us nice prospects to integrate the OSD of VDR in Kodi with an animated Skin VDR.

If nothing is possible, I still have a second solution, which is to use OpenVG, just like the plugin VDR Raspberry Pi HD Device.

However, Amlogic does not provide support on these GPU Mali, I can not find any file VG/openvg.h and VG/vgu.h, while in the documents, it specifies the support of OpenVG 1.1 : Graphics and Multimedia Processors | Mali-450 GPU – Arm Developer

I continue my research, waiting for answers at Kodi, see even here !

• A summary of my many days of research and development.

I have finalized the modification of the plugin vdr-plugin-vnsiserver, and the result is very satisfactory for the loading of the video, the zap it is much faster (like Android) !

However, at the time of doing the audio part, I had the unpleasant surprise that AMlogic, does not propose Audio acceleration for example of the AC3, that explains why Kodi uses FFMPEG for the Audio part , I unfortunately discovered too late, and prefer to stop this development.

For the curious, and nothing but the curious, it is here : MEGA

So I made a comparison between Tvheadend and VDR, it turns out that on a Wetek Play 2 in DVB-T2, it is VDR which is the fastest to receive the request, change the demuxer, and send the stream to Kodi.

So I will stay on this choice, and finally move on to the next step, which is the integration of a WebTV under Qt WebEngine.

So I open a topic, without a first version Beta will be released !

I take this message, to share VDR patch : VDR patches

I advise you to put them in LibreELEC because they add very useful functions, for example LCN (Logical Channel Numbering).

It is included since version 2.2.0, but this patch has the advantage of putting this value in the channels.conf file, an example for channel 10: ":A10******" with a French TNT scan :

There is a little bug of separation (:A10:********), which I will correct in the next days, but the numbers of the channel are correct !

One could imagine a python script, which modifies the file by putting the channels in the right order, and will display them in Kodi.

It is also planned on my side, but under a script PHP, because I intend to make a wizard in web application, to scan channels DVB-T2/C/S2. ;)

Edited once, last by CSylvain (July 27, 2018 at 8:07 AM).