Step back stalls video and displays 100 in a black circle (buffering?)

• I have been having this problem with both of my players (Wetek hub and Odroid C2) since I moved from jarvis to krypton. My videos are mostly ripped dvd's using makemkv, some are compressed with handbrake using roku2 optimized setting. The files are accessed across my network and stored on a synology nas but the problem will happen even on a locally attached usb thumb drive or hard drive. If I step back the video often (not always) stalls and displays 100 in a black circle. The video will resume after about 30 seconds. I do not have the problem stepping forward. I am running LibreElec 8.2.1 and have had the problem on all versions with krypton. I never had the problem on any version with jarvis.

Here is a log file from the wetek hub where it happened playing the video Battleship. hastebin

Although not currently, I have tried using an advancedsettings.xml like this

- <advancedsettings>

- <cache>

<buffermode>1</buffermode>

<memorysize>157286400</memorysize>

<readfactor>20</readfactor>

</cache>

</advancedsettings>

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited 2 times, last by jamm (June 23, 2018 at 2:45 AM).

• Official Post

There are known issues with the skip-back and the amcodec decoder in LE 8.2 releases. Some issues may get resolved in LE 9.0. Fiddling with cache settings is a waste of time as it's about incorrect parsing of the video stream.