Libreelec Crash on IntelNUC while loading pictures

• Hi to all,

I'm using LibreELEC on an Intel NUC System. I have a pictures collection saved on my NAS and shared via NFS with Kodi.

There are folders with only around 40 pictures and some with 2500.

It doesn't matter wich folder i enter, LibreELEC always crashes while loading the thumbnails.

I know that this problem is known.

I'm just curious why this happens?

What is the reason for the crash?

And are there any efforts to fix this?

Thx for your reply.

Greets

Grobi

• Load all or some of your pictures on a thumb drive and plug the drive into your NUC. Add the thumb drive as a source for pictures. Do you still have the same problem ?

By the way, I run Libreelec on an Intel NUC and don't have this problem.

Edited once, last by blueribb (June 20, 2018 at 3:24 PM).

• Official Post

I remember seeing this years ago on Kodi or possibly XBMC. I think it was related to memory usage and there was a setting that could be set to stop thumbnails being generated whilst being browsed. I'm sure google could help.

• Mine is a NUC6CAYH with 4gb ram.

I changed to this type because of 4k support. My last NUC was also a 3rd gen i3 and i don't remember having this issue too.

• Mine is a NUC6CAYH with 4gb ram.

I changed to this type because of 4k support. My last NUC was also a 3rd gen i3 and i don't remember having this issue too.

That would suggest either a hardware problem or a driver problem. Did you buy new memory with this NUC or use the old memory ?

Maybe an add-on is causing the issue. They have been known to cause problems. You could also try running a fresh install from a USB Drive.