LibreELEC-RR 9.x [ Emulationstation | Retroarch | Pegasus | DolphinQT | Moonlight | Chrome | Spotify ]

• No difference w/ reinstall of build 20190305-fed2e29 and immediate update to latest build 20190404-1cc7fad.

Well where did you start? With a clean install with one of my builds? I've checked my installations and

ERROR: RunAddon: unknown add-on id 'service.rr-config-tool', or unexpected add-on type (not a script or plugin).

I don't find similar errors in my logs & it runs like that

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The addon itself is hardcoded and only the settings should not change or update without a new build.

• Correct. Then I updated to the latest build as you requested.

Did you add the addon to favorites or do you navigate to it through the usual way? Do you use a third party skin?

As a workaround you could open \\your_device\userdata\addon_data\service.rr-config-tool\settings.xml then change the audio device to <setting id="RR_AUDIO_DEVICE">hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0</setting> and run this in a terminal:

/bin/sh /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.rr-config-tool/bin/rr-config-tool.start this should at least create a working asound.conf

The only similar problem I could find is this How to open dialogaddonsetting for Simple PVR addon and maybe linked to favorites.

• Running a memtest now. What are the md5sum/sha1sum of the downloadable img and the latest update?

i got sha1sum of:

963cf8ea2e2b84a83ca80e91fa75b6f911f53640 LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-RR-20190305-fed2e29.img.gz

44130c441cf7c80602b69ceebf1d29df681f2c9f LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-RR-20190404-1cc7fad.tar

Edited once, last by gsky (April 12, 2019 at 12:53 AM).

• Running a memtest now. What are the md5sum/sha1sum of the downloadable img and the latest update?

i got sha1sum of:

963cf8ea2e2b84a83ca80e91fa75b6f911f53640 LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-RR-20190305-fed2e29.img.gz

44130c441cf7c80602b69ceebf1d29df681f2c9f LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-RR-20190404-1cc7fad.tar

I only checked the latter LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1-RR-20190404-1cc7fad.tar but this hash is correct. :/

Can you also show me a screen shot of what I should be expecting when I click "Select audio device".

It's just a drop down menu with a list of devices -> but this should not matter because Kodi does not run the addon at all or does not find anything with this id. Maybe a clean install helps otherwise I have no clue what's going on but I can ask one of the Kodi devs for further input.

• Ok, i don't know. I have tried everything I can think of (different nucs, different flash drive, running live, testing memory, etc...), same result. Starting to think I am doing something stupid or you are doing something very specific with your clean install to generate the asound.conf. Do you go through the initial setup? If not, when do you connect the network? Do you have to go into the kodi audio settings if the default works? Do you update first? Does the select output device actually do something, beside log an error? It seems like the plugin loads, it only complains if I click on that button. The main problem is an asound.conf is never generated.

Edited 2 times, last by gsky (April 12, 2019 at 4:03 AM).

• As a workaround you could open \\your_device\userdata\addon_data\service.rr-config-tool\settings.xml then change the audio device to <setting id="RR_AUDIO_DEVICE">hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0</setting>

This file is missing.

/bin/sh /usr/share/kodi/addons/service.rr-config-tool/bin/rr-config-tool.start this should at least create a working asound.conf

This works as I stated when we started this thread to create asound.conf, even without a settings.xml.

• Added retroarch and Pegasus frontend

You can download them here

Github

I am working on a tutorial for rom streaming from a smb server will be posted soon

• Ok, i don't know. I have tried everything I can think of (different nucs, different flash drive, running live, testing memory, etc...), same result. Starting to think I am doing something stupid or you are doing something very specific with your clean install to generate the asound.conf. Do you go through the initial setup? If not, when do you connect the network? Do you have to go into the kodi audio settings if the default works? Do you update first? Does the select output device actually do something, beside log an error? It seems like the plugin loads, it only complains if I click on that button. The main problem is an asound.conf is never generated.

The addon is just a frontend to define some vars that were used later by scripts to determine which refresh rate or audio device they should use. The script I've linked picks up the audio device & refreshs the asound.conf on every reboot.

I do a clean install on an usb-stick later this day to make sure it's not a bug that is only triggered by clean installs :/ You only used the old Kernel 4.19.y image or also tried the recent Kernel 5.0.y image?

You can copy & paste this file to the directory and it should pick up the vars then.

• Almost done with the most perfect setup here :)

One problem left, when I set the audio backend in rr configuration to ALSA.

I can't get audio to work in Dolphin and pcsx2 (Dolphin.ini and pcsx2 settings are als ALSA)

When I change backend to AUDIOPULSE audio is working in Dolphin but not in retroarch and pcsx2 (everything in the settings is also AUDIOPULSE)

It is probably a easy solution but I am looking for 3 hours now hehe

Code
    [ERROR] Failed to initialize audio driver. Will continue without audio.

Error In retroarch when set on PULSE

• Logfiles /shrug the problem with a Kodi addon is that I'm not entirely sure how it will react. Normally Kodi is shut down to launch the frontends & emulators but if the addon surpresses this in some way the ALSA device is still locked by Kodi. So you end up without sound & PA can't gain access to create a sink. So all in all it's quite possible that it won't work this way.:/