Restore a backup from openelec

• Hi lads,

I just recently start using libreelec on a RPi 1 as I found it to be a lot less demanding on the Pi and ran a lot smoother. Now,I have openelec running on a RPi 2 and a wetek core too which I would love to convert to libreelec as well. Now,the issue is that if I do a fresh install, I will loose all the settings (obvious) but my concern is that I will loose the URL resolver capabilities so what I been doing is restoring a backup (from the backup add on) to still keep the above. My question is , can I restore a backup made with openelec to libreelec please ? If not,is there a way to recreate the above functionalities from a fresh install?

Thanks so much

• If not,is there a way to recreate the above functionalities from a fresh install?

When you do a fresh install (which is necessary because the system partition has grown over the years), you can always re-install the things you need. A backup from OpenELEC will be possible up to a point. Some add-on settings may have changed over time. YMMV, as they say. On the topic of the URL resolver capabilities, those tend to be necessary with the less-than-legal add-ons, so you'll be on your own there.